If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" best option

Options
  • 31-01-2019 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my 5 year old 47" TV. I have been looking at my options and don't think I can stretch the budget to include the size I would prefer (65") and OLED unfortunately.
    The one that keeps catching my eye from the non-OLED options is the Sony BRAVIA KD65XF9005BU

What would your best price be on this model?

Are there any alternatives you would recommend over this TV?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my 5 year old 47" TV. I have been looking at my options and don't think I can stretch the budget to include the size I would prefer (65") and OLED unfortunately.
    The one that keeps catching my eye from the non-OLED options is the Sony BRAVIA KD65XF9005BU

What would your best price be on this model?

Are there any alternatives you would recommend over this TV?

Thanks!
    Hi Craazysteve.

Thanks for the post.

The 65XF9005 is a cracking television (5 star reviewed in what HiFi) currently priced at £1499 and we have a voucher code (TV50) which drops it to £1449 I could offer free shipping on this and you also get our VIP 6 year guarantee included free of charge.

The only other possible option would be a Samsung QLED - There starting pont is the QE65Q6FN coming in at £1599 or 1699 Euro (Euro price is much better compared to the sterling on this one).
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203398-samsung-qe65q6fn-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-premium-hdr-1000-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny.

I've ruled out the Samsung QLED due to it not having an analog line out / 3.5mm headphone jack. My current audio setup needs this connection to the amplifier. Am I right in thinking it doesn't have this? 

On the 65FX9005 I noticed earlier on another thread you offered it at €1470 yesterday, is that still valid today?

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Craazysteve...

Unfortunately our SOA on the KD65XF9005 has now finished and we cannot get near that price now - the best we can do in YoYo is €1699. ( Of course if you do see it cheaper anywhere we will price beat subject to our normal T's and C's).

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

That's a shame, I would have pulled the trigger for sure at that price. If it drops again in the near future, let me know and you'll have a sale.

Thanks

That's a shame, I would have pulled the trigger for sure at that price. If it drops again in the near future, let me know and you'll have a sale.

Thanks
    No worries Craazysteve.

We'll keep you in mind should the price change again.

• Advertisement

The KD65XF9005BU has built in chromecast, if I cast a 4K youtube video, will that play in 4k, or would I need an external Chromecast Ultra to handle that?

The KD65XF9005BU has built in chromecast, if I cast a 4K youtube video, will that play in 4k, or would I need an external Chromecast Ultra to handle that?
    Hi Craazysteve.

Now that is a good question.

To be honest I don't know. Although going on what I have read you would require the Ultra version for 4K streaming.

Is there a reason why you would want to cast youtube to the TV rather than use the Built in Youtube app?

OK, good to know. I've never liked the built in youtube app experience on any TV I've used, and am just in the habit of finding the videos I want on my mobile and casting them on my current setup.
    The built in Youtube app will stream 4K then I take it?

OK, good to know. I've never liked the built in youtube app experience on any TV I've used, and am just in the habit of finding the videos I want on my mobile and casting them on my current setup.
    The built in Youtube app will stream 4K then I take it?
    Hey Craaysteve.

Yeah the Youtube app that is on the television can play 4K content.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.