Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Install Poor Speeds Can't Contact Anyone

• 31-01-2019 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

FTTH + TV install completed this morning. Line rated up to 1000 Mbps (according to eir). Speed test on various devices only 5Mbps download, TV picture quality not great. Attempted to speak to someone on 1901 but couldn't get past the gate - entering either my account no. or phone number produces "number not recognised". I need the speed issue resolving within the 14 day cancellation period, please. How do I proceed given that I can't talk to anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,692 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Whats the speed on a wired connection not wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

fritzelly wrote: »
    Whats the speed on a wired connection not wifi

Laptop connected ethernet: ping 77ms, 6.13Mbps down, 0.88 Mbps up. It's like a 1990s time warp and dial up.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

pm9999 wrote: »
    Laptop connected ethernet: ping 77ms, 6.13Mbps down, 0.88 Mbps up. It's like a 1990s time warp and dial up.....

That sounds like a DSL (copper) line. Had you a previous copper internet connection?

Did the installer install equipment as below?

n2yixd.jpg

Sounds like you are still connecting to an old connection/modem, FTTH would be a brand new line brought in seperate from the old copper line faceplate

Sounds like you are still connecting to an old connection/modem, FTTH would be a brand new line brought in seperate from the old copper line faceplate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

FTTH + TV install completed this morning. Line rated up to 1000 Mbps (according to eir). Speed test on various devices only 5Mbps download, TV picture quality not great. Attempted to speak to someone on 1901 but couldn't get past the gate - entering either my account no. or phone number produces "number not recognised". I need the speed issue resolving within the 14 day cancellation period, please. How do I proceed given that I can't talk to anyone?
    Hi pm9999, 

When the technician was at your house did he give you a new router? 

If you previously had a router with eir you will need to sitch that router off. 

If the problem with your speed persists you will need to contact our technical team and they can investigate this. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

KN technician, new router. I don't know what was here previously, we moved in yesterday - it's a new house to us. I managed to speak with someone at broadband support yesterday (despite new account/phone number not recognised to get through phone gateway). She said the order might be incomplete and spoke with "wholesale". Something needed switching somewhere and would be done today. So far, it hasn't.

I've posted elsewhere about cancelling this contract under 14 day cooling off - my fear is that it won't be sorted before 14 days are up, and I'm stuck with a 12 month contract that's pretty sub optimal. I'm afraid my expectations of eir are pretty low, and I'm simply not prepared to take that risk.

Best thing you can do, please, is answer my other post on the exact needs for cancellation. If the magic switch to give me the promised service hasn't been pushed by next Wednesday, I'm an ex eir customer, get me outta here.

It was eir's own speed checker on this address' eircode that told me I could live in the sunlit uplands of 1000Mbps line speeds, so I'm quite disappointed. If I have to cancel, I'll see what Mr Sky can offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

KN technician, new router. I don't know what was here previously, we moved in yesterday - it's a new house to us. I managed to speak with someone at broadband support yesterday (despite new account/phone number not recognised to get through phone gateway). She said the order might be incomplete and spoke with "wholesale". Something needed switching somewhere and would be done today. So far, it hasn't.

I've posted elsewhere about cancelling this contract under 14 day cooling off - my fear is that it won't be sorted before 14 days are up, and I'm stuck with a 12 month contract that's pretty sub optimal. I'm afraid my expectations of eir are pretty low, and I'm simply not prepared to take that risk.

Best thing you can do, please, is answer my other post on the exact needs for cancellation. If the magic switch to give me the promised service hasn't been pushed by next Wednesday, I'm an ex eir customer, get me outta here.

It was eir's own speed checker on this address' eircode that told me I could live in the sunlit uplands of 1000Mbps line speeds, so I'm quite disappointed. If I have to cancel, I'll see what Mr Sky can offer.

It's quite simple. If those boxes in the image I posted previously have not been installed you don't have FTTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

If you ever want/need to get through to someone in Eir on the phone you are best off ringing through to the sales team. They are the only ones that answer reasonably quick. Its usually quicker when they transfer you through to tech support. 
    I got FTTH recently and am paying for 500mb/s. I am lucky if I am getting above 20mb/s. 

Advertisement