Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2019 Intake

• 31-01-2019 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

A place for all of us starting in April :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hairy_Poppins

550-600 all stages passed hoping for a call for April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

550-600 all stages passed hoping for a call for April.

Good stuff, the next set of calls will be, week commencing the 18th of February or the following week commencing the 25th. Either way, it's not long to wait, especially after waiting for the best part of a year and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Golfer0011

TW2017 wrote: »
    Good stuff, the next set of calls will be, week commencing the 18th of February or the following week commencing the 25th. Either way, it's not long to wait, especially after waiting for the best part of a year and a half.

Cant wait. Hoping to squeeze into the next set of calls but i still havent recieved my vetting!! Although they did say 4 to 6 werks and this is week 5 since they emailed me

Golfer0011 wrote: »
    Cant wait. Hoping to squeeze into the next set of calls but i still havent recieved my vetting!! Although they did say 4 to 6 werks and this is week 5 since they emailed me

Fingers are crossed for you, hopefully you'll become appointable asap, keep us updated when your vetting clears ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

560-70 hopefully make it

• Advertisement

When the calls do start coming please post on here so we all have a heads up!

When the calls do start coming please post on here so we all have a heads up!

Will do, I'm ML 520-550

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Username9876

Hi anyone else just pass the pct and no more. I need to get out running and prepare

Hi anyone else just pass the pct and no more. I need to get out running and prepare

Yep, I passed with 4 seconds to spare. :rolleyes:

We'll be doing trim-trail running, body weight exercises (lunges, sit ups etc.) and will be tested on bleep tests and the PCA course. Great fun...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 vat19

I am hoping for an April call aswell. 530-550.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

We'll be doing trim-trail running, body weight exercises (lunges, sit ups etc.) and will be tested on bleep tests and the PCA course. Great fun...

Don’t just do running. Do strength and conditioning, people mistake it for just running. It’s not. I ran it in 3:02 and intend on making that under 3 in a rerun! And I done all s&c work with only a max of 3 mins running at a time at a hard pace. The trim trail you will obv need running to help. The bleep test is a nonsense test if you ask me but if needs must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Doesany1know

I am starting in April

I deferred feom March

Anyone else defer?

I am starting in April

I deferred feom March

Anyone else defer?

Hello, I didn’t defer.
    However I’m glad you’re here, as you’ll probably be the first person to be called for April. So all eyes will be on you come calls week.
    Please keep us updated when you get the call.
    Not long to wait now ;-).

Hello, I didn’t defer.
    However I’m glad you’re here, as you’ll probably be the first person to be called for April. So all eyes will be on you come calls week.
    Please keep us updated when you get the call.
    Not long to wait now ;-).

you've put the pressure on now haha

I'll post when there's been a call

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fuxxy

All my fingers and toes crossed for you guys and girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hedgehog100

TW2017 - thanks for setting up the group. I am 500-550. I heard from a good source today that intakes will be larger for at least the next couple of months with up to 70 in each squad. So very encouraging for everyone in the merit pool especially us in the 500-650 range. Keep running and keep active everyone, hopefully only 2-3 more weeks to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jojobubbles

Just found this link in the other group chat, just cleared vetting and hoping for an April intakeðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Merida900

Just found this link in the other group chat, just cleared vetting and hoping for an April intakeðŸ˜

What is your merit list number?

Merida900 wrote: »

I’m Low 400’s on merit list

• Advertisement

Merida900 wrote: »

I’m Low 400’s on merit list
    Congrats and well done waiting so long. You will surely be the first call. Please come on and let us know when that call comes so we can standby the phones!

Congrats and well done waiting so long. You will surely be the first call. Please come on and let us know when that call comes so we can standby the phones![/quote

The next few weeks I’m gonna be answering all sorts of PPI and ‘have you had an accident’ calls trying to get thee call lol
    il be sure to post if I hear something, you guys do the same : )

The people who had there call 2 weeks ago have there induction. Hopefully get some info off them today

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nova1999

Hi Guys, long time lurker here, ML between 650/660 with everything passed, what is realistically the likelihood of getting a call and if so when could the call be for? Appreciate any info, thanks. Congrats to everybody who has got the call so far, this has been dragging on a long time, I reapplied this time and was wondering should I bother sitting the AC again, don’t want to go through that again 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Nova1999 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, long time lurker here, ML between 650/660 with everything passed, what is realistically the likelihood of getting a call and if so when could the call be for? Appreciate any info, thanks. Congrats to everybody who has got the call so far, this has been dragging on a long time, I reapplied this time and was wondering should I bother sitting the AC again, don’t want to go through that again ðŸ˜႒

Hey, not hoping for April intake but just monitor all the threads in the hope of getting more info. By my guess you'll be getting a call around March if not then April. Theyve already got to number 510 on merit list with 36 applicants having not passed physical (according to an FOI I read) with other people dropping out in the mean time. I'm 720-740 on the list with medical due in the next few weeks and I'm still very much hopeful for a call in June or August at the latest. No fast track for 1810 this year which means no appointable list until Sept 2019. Hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nova1999

Yea that makes sense, thanks very much, I appreciate the reply, just wait and see I guess. I hope things work out for you.

Finally my vetting has arrived. Ml position 570-580. Never know might make it in the next calls with a bit luck

Finally my vetting has arrived. Ml position 570-580. Never know might make it in the next calls with a bit luck

They've started ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

They've started ðŸ˜

Do you know what numbers?

Advertisement