Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income continuance

• 31-01-2019 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi

I just received a form today to fill out for the above. I have been on Illness Benefit since March and never knew i had this cover untill my employer told me over the phone that i was covered under a group scheme.

It kicks in after 26 weeks so it's way beyond that now. Does anyone know if approved will it be backdated or does it just start from when it is approved ?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Depends on the terms of the policy. What have you been paid since last March?

A typical PHI benefit might be 75% of salary less social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Depends on the terms of the policy. What have you been paid since last March?

A typical PHI benefit might be 75% of salary less social welfare.

I haven't been paid by my employer, only illness benefit. The contract state's 60% of salary.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It'll be payable from week 27 of disability I'd imagine.

Why has it taken so long to get the claim started?

It'll be payable from week 27 of disability I'd imagine.

Why has it taken so long to get the claim started?

Thank's that's good to hear. My employer said they posted the form end of November but i never go it.
    My postman is terrible though. Always leaving letters hanging out of letterbox, same as yesterday when i got a soaked form.

BohsCeltic wrote:
    Thank's that's good to hear. My employer said they posted the form end of November but i never go it. My postman is terrible though. Always leaving letters hanging out of letterbox, same as yesterday when i got a soaked form.

Still very tardy. I assume you got social welfare benefits since March?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Insurer only obliged to start claim after all paperwork is received and doesnt have to backdated until 26 weeks after your absence.

Still very tardy. I assume you got social welfare benefits since March?

yes and that was a fiasco in itself
    Insurer only obliged to start claim after all paperwork is received and doesnt have to backdated until 26 weeks after your absence.

I checked on Irish Life site and it does mention they will backdate it. Already had interview on the phone with a Nurse.

Hi, I wonder if anyone has been in this situation. I am still waiting having gone through everything. I rang the insurance company and they told me that it was done through a broker by my company and to contact them. Called them and they told me to call HR in work and all i was told was that a letter has been sent out to me. Seem's like a very long time and i am worried they might refuse the claim so that's why they are not saying nothing.

Their form say's that they aim to process within 4-8 weeks but it has already been 12 weeks now.

Advertisement