Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need people to check my website ASAP before TV appearance!

Options

Comments

So glad I stumbled onto this thread! I'm definitely buying a shower gem! It's exactly what I need. The tiles in my ensuite are crazy expensive and no way was I drilling into them so been trying to find an alternative! Yay!

As for the site.. looks good to me other than the zoom issue.... And one tiny thing.. it says him & hers. But I'm pretty sure it should be his & hers.

Good luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You have poor colour contrast between text colour and background on some sections, particularly the grey text on the light grey background. Change it to black text, and/or lighten the background shading.

The FAQ approach is a bit dated, and a bit of a design cop-out. You should really have all this information in the appropriate place on the website, instead of pulling it all out separately in an FAQ.

https://gds.blog.gov.uk/2013/07/25/faqs-why-we-dont-have-them/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

tacofries wrote: »
    I recommend that you buy them tonight if you are as orders placed tomorrow may potentially be delayed depending on demand.

Order in. Thanks for the heads up. Good luck tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

The FAQ link on How to permanently remove the showergem links back to the installation video. No sign of a removal video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sleep ok last night tacofries? ;)

Just to say congrats on your progress so far and break a leg on the telly!!!

This place can really prove it’s worth when genuine posters ask for help and then action the advice given. Love it!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

Looks good on an S9 edge.

Only feedback I'd have is that I think you need sone sort of "about us" page. I like the look of the product but I've never heard of you. You need some blurb about your story with some personal information. Basically something that says who you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Looks good on Xiaomi note 5.

A discount code for boards.ie users would be a nice gesture!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The FAQ link on How to permanently remove the showergem links back to the installation video. No sign of a removal video.

I would get that sorted. It would be by far the main reason I wouldn't buy - I would be afraid that I would be left with this permanent thing on wall if I decided to change my mind down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭supersonic21

Great product, best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Best of luck on the Late Late. It's the kind of product everyone tuning in will have an interest in. Your couriers will need a bigger van next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

lucky john wrote: »
    Best of luck on the Late Late. It's the kind of product everyone tuning in will have an interest in. Your couriers will need a bigger van next week.

Think you could be right about late late show.
    Dermot Bannon is on it and I just cought part of the promo for it saying entrepreneurs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

Great presentation and good branding which some others didn't have. Well done! Best of luck with more sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Just seen you. Congrats think it went very well. Good exposure for you. Best of luck with the extra orders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Well done on the tv, hope it goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Looks like a really good no frills product and nice name for it too. Well done.

Just a question on the glue. Presume it would also work just as well on a plastic wall like in a mobile home shower or does it have to go on tiles exclusively?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Will do a proper post in a few days. Traffic was less than I thought but conversion rate was huge.

What do people think the traffic was and I'll post the answer in a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would guess around 100k in the hour after you were first on screen? Viewing figures for the late late are normally in the 500k-600k range right?

Guessing there's a lot of packing up due on Monday morning lol!

I’d go for a 1% link rate so 5000-odd, converting 10% of them so 500 sales. Not a bad days work.

Do I win a free set of Showergems? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I like what you added to the top of the site. :)

As seen on the Late Late Show.

• Advertisement

However, you’ll probably get a few interesting calls on Monday when people start working again after the weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Just watched your late late segment a few minutes ago. I'm sure you rehearsed it but Ryan's one liners would have thrown me & I'd have forgotten something. Well done. My order went in Thursday night. Looking forward to getting it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

Is say 3 to 7k web hits.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Just watched your late late segment a few minutes ago. I'm sure you rehearsed it but Ryan's one liners would have thrown me & I'd have forgotten something. Well done. My order went in Thursday night. Looking forward to getting it next week.

The rehearsal consisted of Ryan hearing me speak for 15seconds then he said 'you're fine, no need to hear anymore'. He likes to keep it natural so if he feels that you can talk then he skips the rehearsal so it was pure off the cuff!

It can be hard to think when he comes out with one liners like when he said 'boom' when I put the glue onto the bracket. Especially since there are 5 huge cameras pointing straight at you!!!

tacofries wrote:
    It can be hard to think when he comes out with one liners like when he said 'boom' when I put the glue onto the bracket. Especially since there are 5 huge cameras pointing straight at you!!!

I'd have gone blank.

Well done. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Just watched the interview and showed my mum. Was introducing her to the magic of Chromecast, and she was more impressed with the ShowerGem, than with the fact that I was controlling her tv with my phone. :D An order is coming your way!

Fair play. Great to see hard work paying off. Hope it works out really well.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Been looking for something exactly like this so ordered straight away this evening.
    Please just work and don't be ****, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

I was not expecting to click on your link and find something I've needed for years! Brilliant idea. Best of luck with it.

Would it be an idea to be able to share your videos straight from the site? I wasn't able to do this. I had to search YouTube for the video so I could share it on Facebook

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Been looking for something exactly like this so ordered straight away this evening.
    Please just work and don't be ****, please.

100% confident you'll like and if you don't you know where to find me!

Advertisement