Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need people to check my website ASAP before TV appearance!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You're kinda cute too. :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm guessing 1000 to 2000 hits on the site after the TV spot. I wouldn't think of looking at the site after seeing it on the show. Hopefully you get all converted into sales. Great product. Everyone I show the video to thinks it's a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Would it be an idea to be able to share your videos straight from the site? I wasn't able to do this. I had to search YouTube for the video so I could share it on Facebook

If you tap on the video it brings you right to the YouTube video and share.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You're kinda cute too. :D

Keep it to PMs please. :)

Definitely a first for E&BM! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭meforever

Well done on T.V. Very informative presentation. Loved that attention grabbing stunt right at the very end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fambily

Sorry if this is a stupid question - You have to wait 24hrs when you add the glue, during that time would you still be able to take a shower or does that area need to stay dry?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Fambily wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question - You have to wait 24hrs when you add the glue, during that time would you still be able to take a shower or does that area need to stay dry?

Not stupid at all and one I have being meaning to put in the FAQ. You can still take a shower just don't go pointing the water at it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mine have arrived already. Good service.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Great idea & best of luck with it - Gonna head over to the site now and order one.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Best of luck with the product.

FYI
    I went to your FAQ to see removal instructions but the linked video is for installation.

Have to say it's a great product - minimal assembly - very happy with my purchase

Wishing you continued success......

Thanks Everyone and delighted you like The ShowerGem Fambily and Spurious!

So Stats:

Within 1 hour of the LLS 12k people were on the website.
    Over the next 24 hours there were 7k sessions.
    Day after that was 3k
    Over the space of the entire week there was 25k sessions.

Overall it was less visitors than I thought however at a higher conversion rate so it worked out pretty much as I expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Fair play. I ordered mine just before your TV appearance, it arrived next business day if I remember correctly, was so easy to install and is working perfectly. Herself loves it.

Best of luck to you.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

tacofries wrote: »
    Thanks Everyone and delighted you like The ShowerGem Fambily and Spurious!

So Stats:

Within 1 hour of the LLS 12k people were on the website.
    Over the next 24 hours there were 7k sessions.
    Day after that was 3k
    Over the space of the entire week there was 25k sessions.

Overall it was less visitors than I thought however at a higher conversion rate so it worked out pretty much as I expected!

Well done!

Is there a boards.ie discount? :pac:

Well done!

Is there a boards.ie discount? :pac:

Two for the price of Three :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

How did you get the slot on the Late Late? Did you submit your business for consideration or were you contacted to appear on the show?

Also, when did you find out that you'd be appearing on the Late Late?

Send me a pm and Ill answer any questions. Only got 2 days notice that I was to be on it!

Having our bathroom done at the moment so decided to splash out and buy the Gem. Very simple process. Got a Confirmation Email that assumed I was watching the LLS and due to that fact it would be 3 weeks to dispatch!!

It shouldn’t be my problem you’re busy! Hire extra staff or outsource dispatch if you can’t cope. This is business, KEEP YOUR CUSTOMER HAPPY! :(

Having our bathroom done at the moment so decided to splash out and buy the Gem. Very simple process. Got a Confirmation Email that assumed I was watching the LLS and due to that fact it would be 3 weeks to dispatch!!

It shouldn’t be my problem you’re busy! Hire extra staff or outsource dispatch if you can’t cope. This is business, KEEP YOUR CUSTOMER HAPPY! :(

Staffing isn't the issue whatsoever unfortunately. Only received two days notice that we were appearing on the LLS and despite having a significant volume of stock, we ended up selling out. In fact, 96% of people that bought when stock was available received their order within one working day.

Now we are waiting on raw materials which is out of our control but we have kept customers very well informed of delivery times and less than 5 people so far has had an issue with the wait. Plus we offer a 100% refund for anyone unhappy (zero uptakes on this so far) and the customer 30 day return period doesn't start until you receive your Gem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Got a Confirmation Email that assumed I was watching the LLS and due to that fact it would be 3 weeks to dispatch!!

It shouldn’t be my problem you’re busy!
    tacofries wrote: »
    Now we are waiting on raw materials which is out of our control but we have kept customers very well informed of delivery times

This is an interesting business communication micro-case study, where not just apologising for the delay, but actually explaining the reason for the delay could help customer experience.

Taco, I'd update your confirmation email to include that info or make it more obvious.

Trojan wrote: »
    This is an interesting business communication micro-case study, where not just apologising for the delay, but actually explaining the reason for the delay could help customer experience.

Taco, I'd update your confirmation email to include that info or make it more obvious.

I will look at updating it Trojan 😊 What currently happens is customers receive a confirmation email then about 4 days later they receive an email which goes into more detail and also provides an updated delivery date.

I would make that information available BEFORE you make the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I would make that information available BEFORE you make the order.

The retailer has given you an extremely valid reason as to why they ran out of product and offered you a refund and still your huffin and puffin.

Geez-Huss you have little to be worried about if you’re in the middle of construction work yet flapping about over 3 week delay on a shampoo holder!!!

The retailer has given you an extremely valid reason as to why they ran out of product and offered you a refund and still your huffin and puffin.

Geez-Huss you have little to be worried about if you’re in the middle of construction work yet flapping about over 3 week delay on a shampoo holder!!!

Builders are here for a week (touch wood! :rolleyes:). We’re heading out this afternoon to buy accessories and bring them home.

However, based on reading reviews here, including posters mentioning that they’d received their product the day after ordering I decided to support a regular poster here.

So in my mind this time next week we’d have our complete new bathroom. Not now.

If I had of known there was a three week wait for fulfillment before ordering, I would have had second thoughts. I could still cancel the order now but, like most people, couldn’t be arsed. If I see something this afternoon that will be acceptable then maybe I will.

The OP opened himself, and his product, to review when he posted here. I’m giving him that review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

He has given you options. If I was tacofries I would cancel you order.

Tacofries well done on your continued success and fair play to offering to cancel orders due to the delay in getting in your stock from your supplier due to the massive increase in orders at short notice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It is worth waiting on and EXTREMELY easy to install. Builders not needed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Builders are here for a week (touch wood! :rolleyes:).

It’s just installed by glue I thought? No builder needed, just a gluer :)

OP there's a lesson here for you. You can please some of the people some of the time but It's impossible to please all of the people all of the time.

I have a small mail order business. December just gone An Post held packages with tracking number in their hub for up to a month. I had people screaming down the phone at me even though they could see that it was posted the same day as ordering and it was totally out of my control.

Sometimes no matter how well you handle the complaint the client still sees you in the wrong. You have to resign yourself that some clients cannot be pleased when something unexpected goes wrong

I ordered mine the day before the LLS and it arrived Monday morning. I installed it myself in minutes. No tools required.

I'm happy with the product. I'd leave a review if you had a link to Trust pilot, yelp, Google reviews or Facebook reviews.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the comments and I will be sending an email looking for reviews in a week or two Sleeper!

In fairness to Gloomtastic I would have avoided this if it was more obvious before people paid so thanks for pointing it out. Realistically Gloomtastic you will have your order by the end of next week or early the following week so we are nearly there and there is a small treat in the box to help make up for the wait which I do apologise for :)

Sean

Advertisement