Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detail pricing extension

Options
  • 31-01-2019 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi
    Would anyone have a price list or link of every detail on materials for typical 40sqm extension.
    From start to finish. Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

There are so many variables it is not possible to get a price list.

Are you on a sloping site, are you using traditional block construction to minimum regs, or are you insulating externally or using a 300mm cavity with cedar cladding?

Do you need engineered steel supports creating an open plan and rerouting plumbing.

Do you want a 4m lift and slide door and a 2m long skylight?

Are you building over shared drains that need access for rodding?

A rough figure for a walk in extension, ground floor only with average fittings/ upgrades on a site with no surprises and oversized glazing with all the work contracted out including fees for engineer etc think about 60 to 80k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Similar to OP and currently in the stage of selecting engineer after getting some rough builders prices.. I'm doing planning exemption in an attempt to keep costs down. Does the price of engineer vary regionally?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭corco2000

What is your rough builders prices can I ask for sqm and what area of country it in. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

corco2000 wrote: »
    What is your rough builders prices can I ask for sqm and what area of country it in. Thanks

Very roughly 1500 to 2000 per sqm.

Access to site and things like moving drains etc adds to the cost.

I recently paid 17 k for a 12m2 kitchen extension and an extra 1500 to install kitchen,tiles,sink and painting.

Advertisement