Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Customer Support] Told to fax account details

• 01-02-2019 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My phone has no voice or data service at the moment. This was due to an unpaid bill - I set up a direct debit and changed bank accounts and forgot to update my eir payment in time. I've now paid the bill in full, been told to wait first 24 hours and then 48 hours for service to be restored. And have waited only to be told today that I need to fax (!) proof of my ownership of my own bank account and of the eir account before service will be restored.

This seems ridiculous to me and having just paid a whopping great bill I'm not very pleased at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

nobody uses FAX anymore so I would avoid doing that if possible. Why not email to a customer service rep. More secure than fax

• Registered Users Posts: 3 spiderj024

I was told - in webchat - that wasn't a possibility. And the email contact section of the eir website currently has the following:

"[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]During this essential upgrade, the “Contact Us” email function will be temporarily disabled. If your query is urgent or you are looking to follow up on a logged issue, please contact us through our contact channels listed above."[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

spiderj024 wrote: »
    My phone has no voice or data service at the moment. This was due to an unpaid bill - I set up a direct debit and changed bank accounts and forgot to update my eir payment in time. I've now paid the bill in full, been told to wait first 24 hours and then 48 hours for service to be restored. And have waited only to be told today that I need to fax (!) proof of my ownership of my own bank account and of the eir account before service will be restored.

This seems ridiculous to me and having just paid a whopping great bill I'm not very pleased at all.
    Hi spiderj024, 

Could you PM the following details and I can check if the payment was received? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Also, could you advise where you made the payment? 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I was told - in webchat - that wasn't a possibility. And the email contact section of the eir website currently has the following:

"[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]During this essential upgrade, the “Contact Us” email function will be temporarily disabled. If your query is urgent or you are looking to follow up on a logged issue, please contact us through our contact channels listed above."[/font]
    Madness - no company has complete downtime on email for a prolonged period of time. Maybe out of hours it could be down but shouldn't be down for customer support as it 'should' be consider a vital business component. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 spiderj024

Hi spiderj024, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne! I've sent a PM with the details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi spiderj024, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne! I've sent a PM with the details.
    No problem spiderj024, 

I will get back to your PM as soon as I can. 

Grainne

Advertisement