Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Complaint - Any point?

Options
  • 01-02-2019 2:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

Is there any point in submitting a complaint with An Post?

I have purchased a new build back in October and registered my address. I received confirmation that it would be added to the database but was excluded from the November eircode assignments (I assumed I just registered too late.)

But I now have been excluded from the February eircode update as well.
    I rang eircode and they have informed me that An Post has not included my address in the update (which is sent to eircode on the 08/01/2019).

The main issue is I need an eircode to get an internet connection, as I work from home this is a major issue and to have to wait until may is 8 months without decent internet! Crippling to my livelihood.

Added to this is the fact that other houses in my estate, which are not yet complete, have received an eircode today, yet I have been living in and receiving post in mine for the last 4 months, how have I been missed out?

I don't expect to achieve much with a complaint to be honest, but I don't like the idea of them getting away with this type of service.

Do they even acknowledge their complaints?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Why would you submit a complaint to An Post about not getting an Eircode? An Post don't give you an Eircode.

If Eircode have given you an Eircode, search for it on the Eircode website.

https://www.eircode.ie/

If you don't have one, then it's Eircode you need to talk to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Frank Castle

Pelvis wrote: »
    Why would you submit a complaint to An Post about not getting an Eircode? An Post don't give you an Eircode.

If Eircode have given you an Eircode, search for it on the Eircode website.

https://www.eircode.ie/

An post are the people who must submit your address to Eircode. It comes from their database. They have not included my address in the update they sent to eircode on 08/01/2019
    I rang eircode and they have informed me that An Post has not included my address in the update (which is sent to eircode on the 08/01/2019).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Ride her like horse

You don't need any Eircode for broadband, my parents got imagine recently, no eircode was asked for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Have you actually gone in and looked at the eircode map and located your house?

Is there a red dot in place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Frank Castle

Have you actually gone in and looked at the eircode map and located your house?

Is there a red dot in place?

Yup no red dot, which is when I rang eircode, having noticed that other houses which are not yet completed, got a red dot today.
    You don't need any Eircode for broadband, my parents got imagine recently, no eircode was asked for

I have checked out imagine in my area and by all accounts it is a pretty poor service here (20gb daily allowance is touch and go for my work needs too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Yup no red dot, which is when I rang eircode, having noticed that other houses which are not yet completed, got a red dot today.

Go ahead and email Customer.Services AT anpost DOT ie anyway.

They do take a lonnnnng time to reply but I have found that most of their replies
    come over the weekend. When asked why, over the phone, I was told that they are inundated with email to that address and people come in on overtime at the weekend to try and get through the backlog. So you might be lucky and get some sort of response on Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

You do for FTTH as the ports in the DP are linked to specific eirodes in the area.

Advertisement