Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods claim double refund

Options
  • 01-02-2019 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I ordered a PS4 in November, it got lost with Fastway and it took me until January to get a refund to my credit card with Littlewoods. I thought that was the ordeal over with and was happy enough even though it took way too long.

I logged into my Littlewoods account today by chance and saw that a minimum payment of 289.99 (the cost of the PS4) is due by the 20th of February. I rang them and they claim I was refunded to my credit card twice and I'd have to pay back the extra. I checked my credit card statement as I was on the phone with them and it clearly shows only one amount refunded to me. I'd have noticed if that amount was credited to my card to be honest. They absolutely insist a double refund was issued and I owe them money.

Now, since they've charged my Littlewoods account with this amount (putting it into the negative), there's not much the bank can do for me and I don't know where I stand now. I've provided them evidence in sending my credit card statement but they won't budge. I don't intend to pay money I don't owe them but I don't want it to affect my credit rating either.

Anyone had any dealing with this bunch? or advice on what to do? They're unbelievably unhelpful on the phone. I'm not ordering from them ever again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So they've only charged it to your littlewoods account? Cancel any direct debit you have to stop them taking it from the bank

I'd be asking for them to provide proof of second payment

It won't affect your credit rating, littlewoods don't report to ICB or CCR

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭BeerFarts

maximoose wrote: »
    So they've only charged it to your littlewoods account? Cancel any direct debit you have to stop them taking it from the bank

I'd be asking for them to provide proof of second payment

It won't affect your credit rating, littlewoods don't report to ICB or CCR

Yes, it's been charged to my Littlewoods account and put it over the credit limit as a result. I don't have any direct debit or anything like that with them but great to hear regarding credit rating.

I've been so frustrated by them refusing to provide proof or to even acknowledge the statement I've sent them. I keep getting disconnected when I'm on the phone to them too - somehow it only happens when there's a big issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

the fact they use Fastway says a lot about them as a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭BeerFarts

I thought I was sorted yesterday, I got someone on the phone that acknowledged the fault and was just going to transfer me over to accounts to rectify it annnnd boom....disconnected. I've never had as many disconnects as I've had the last few days.

I've wasted enough money calling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Littlewoods are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland so I’d complain to them ASAP furnishing then with evidence from your bank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement