Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City on the Hill - Showtime - US Pace (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

Great opening to season 2 looks like it is going to be another cracking season.

That looks great but I'll need a recap, I must be getting old but I can't remember any of season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

That looks great but I'll need a recap, I must be getting old but I can't remember any of season 1.

I couldn't remember anything at all (even if I had liked the show) but threw it on anyway.

It feels like a fresh storyline that touches on Season 1 but in all honesty it could be the pilot episode of the show.

Really enjoyed it, Bacon a bit more toned down this season. The usual OTT Baawstan stuff but I think that's part of the charm.

Another show with a great cast as well, John Doman is always quality and I've a real soft spot for Mark O'Brien from Republic of Doyle and Halt and Catch fire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Watched season 2 episode 1 and yep was trying to remember the first season as well but I do remember I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well damn I did not see that ending coming this week.

I’d definitely want Jackie taking the law into his own hands for me if my mrs was shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Watching the first episode of season one...why the blazes are they robbing the actual cash in transit van and not just taking the cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Probably looking a summer realese date on Sky, they were about 4 months behind the yanks for S1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭BandMember

So, what happened the Ryan brother that went to prison?? Did I miss something because I didn't see anything mentioned until this week's episode?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sky Atlantic on Tuesday May 25th at 9pm for the 2nd season

Good end to the season now to see where they go with season 3 if it's renewed which it really should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

OmegaGene wrote: »
    finished this last night and really enjoyed it, the ending seemed to leave it where its hard to know if it will be renewed or not
    still not sure what happened to the fella in prison, we saw a death certificate and thats it unless i missed something

Just finished Season 2, enjoyed it again.
    Bacon hams it up royally, completely OTT at times, but saw some nuance this season compared to season 1,especially with Mrs Roarke and his daughter.

Most of the ends tied up I thought, don't know where the characters like Jackie and Ryan's wife can really go from here..... Maybe there is another arc in the story, perhaps as mooted above Frankie isn't dead at all!!

Anyway, I'd recommend it, stink of The Wire off it at times, not as good obviously but certainly worth investing some time in it.

Renewed for a 3rd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Great news, but I wonder were they expecting it - they seemed to close off all open storylines and the end of Season 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Just finished Season 2, enjoyed it again.
    Bacon hams it up royally, completely OTT at times, but saw some nuance this season compared to season 1,especially with Mrs Roarke and his daughter.

Anyway, I'd recommend it, stink of The Wire off it at times, not as good obviously but certainly worth investing some time in it.

Finished episode 4, and felt it had definite echoes of The Wire to it at this stage, which was a positive for me- blended nicely with the corruption angle; "stink of the Wire" though?

Season 2 is good drama; in a way, season 1 retrospectively seems almost like a pilot for this one, as a background for the more procedural style of the second. I like the more modern element these days of killing off main characters almost out of the blue, rather than making it as a climactic thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Haven't finished yet but I have to say the Irish wan from Belfast is
    such a cliched cardboard cut out of a character.
    . Maybe things change in the last couple of episodes but I can't see what she adds to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The first episode of season 3 aired early.

Some great additions to the cast for season 3.

Corbin Bernsen, Ernie Hudson, Joanne Kelly.

Got around to watching it earlier, looks like it'll be another good season.

• Advertisement

Yeah, 29th is when it surfaced but it's scheduled for Sunday evenings in the US according to TV Maze.

Showtime shows always air earlier on there streaming channel than they do on the cable channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is this series like the movie the town? The town was a film I thought was good so I'm contemplating giving the series a watch.

I'm actually giving The Town a re-watch based on this post, I wouldn't really say the two are similar beyond stuff like being set in Boston and the criminality. Watch one or two episodes of City on a Hill and you'll have an idea if you'll like it or not. The quality has been consistent throughout too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The Wire would be the obvious comparison to City on a Hill. It took me a while to warm to it but it gets better as the episodes go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Really enjoying Season 3 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah shite. About to start season 3 soon. Quite enjoyed the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I hope Jackie Rohr gives them a good kicking over this, or at least a good quote. I think the series still had a lot of life left in it. 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Awful shame. A really good series. Bacon has been superb throughout all 3 seasons.

Advertisement