Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta sauce

Options
  • 01-02-2019 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Would thin salami blended with onion, black olives, red pepper and tomato jar sauce me alright with pasta? Any suggestions to make it better or would it be better unblended?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Sounds good to me! Make sure you sweat the onion properly and add some garlic and some herbs like thyme and/or oregano if you have them. Dice the salami and DO NOT blend the sauce! The different textures are better and blended black olives would make the sauce greyish and unappetising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Sounds good to me! Make sure you sweat the onion properly and add some garlic and some herbs like thyme and/or oregano if you have them. Dice the salami and DO NOT blend the sauce! The different textures are better and blended black olives would make the sauce greyish and unappetising.

Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I wouldn’t use thin salami if you can avoid it and I certainly wouldn’t blend it into a paste. Texture is as important as taste with pasta sauces.

Advertisement