Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible to contact customer service 😡

• 01-02-2019 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

After almost an hour on hold earlier this week I managed to have a customer service representative cancel my wireless broadband. This, they said, would take up to 48 hours. I checked today & much as I’ve grown to expect from EIR, it hasn’t happened. Today is the start of a new month & I categorically refuse to pay another month for this service. Can someone please contact me? This is exasperating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

terrykoala wrote: »
    After almost an hour on hold earlier this week I managed to have a customer service representative cancel my wireless broadband. This, they said, would take up to 48 hours. I checked today & much as I’ve grown to expect from EIR, it hasn’t happened. Today is the start of a new month & I categorically refuse to pay another month for this service. Can someone please contact me? This is exasperating.
    It's why I finally left eir, their customer service is the worst. I was very happy with the internet service etc, but when things went wrong, and it was normally with my bills, it was next to impossible to get it sorted. I eventually changed to Virgin, the services are not quite as good as we had with eir, but not having constant hassels was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'd say what's happened is that the French billionaire Niel cut staff when he took over, and whoever's left is on a work to rule...we won't/can't go any faster etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

terrykoala wrote: »
    Hi terrykoala, 

Could you PM the following details and I can check if your request was processed?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

Once I get this information I will be happy to help. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The reviews on trustpilot are awful.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.eircom.net

I cannot stand being on hold for more than 5 mins. (I hate the phone). We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

My internet and phone (never used but net comes in thru landline) costed €40/ month. Last month it went up to €76. I've no choice but to move now.

I have no issues with the service, but I did find that Digiweb (was with them couple years ago - in Meath) were FAAAAAARRRR easier to get through to if and when I needed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

The reviews on trustpilot are awful.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.eircom.net

I cannot stand being on hold for more than 5 mins. (I hate the phone). We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

My internet and phone (never used but net comes in thru landline) costed €40/ month. Last month it went up to €76. I've no choice but to move now.

I have no issues with the service, but I did find that Digiweb (was with them couple years ago - in Meath) were FAAAAAARRRR easier to get through to if and when I needed to.
    Hi joseph brand, 

Sorry to hear your plan cost went up. 

Could you PM the following details and I can advise why this happened?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement