Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Burger - Tesco

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

They have them online!

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=301595088

I'll check Liffey Valley for them over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Ted Plain wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up. :)

They have them online!

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=301595088

I'll check Liffey Valley for them over the weekend.

Yeah really looking forward to trying them, didn’t have them in Tesco Ballybrack last night.

Are they in the freezer or the fridge area, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Are they in the freezer or the fridge area, do you know?

I checked both but I’m pretty sure they should be in the area of the fridge with the other veggie burgers, quorn etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I saw them last week in Tesco in Bray, in the freezer with the other vegetarian burger/nugget type stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

In the freezer.

Defrost them before cooking, and do them at high heat quickly on a hot pan. They're not bad, though the household preference here remains for the LMC mozzeralla quarter pounders

We had these tonight. They were tasty enough.

However.

They taste exactly like some other veggie burger I've had before. I'm pretty certain that it was Quorn Quarter Pounders. Lookswise, they are similar to Iceland's No Bull Burgers, in that they contain beetroot juice to give a red tinge.

Not bad at all, but at €7 for two, way overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Tried one of these at a friend's house as Ill try anything at least once! Wasn't impressed tbh. The first thing that struck me was taste - it was neither a 'veggie' burger or a 'meat' burger. Wouldn't bother trying it again tbh.

But what put me off was the ingredient list. It's mainly just highly procesed junk imo. I've had much nicer home made ones.

https://i.imgur.com/eoExYcs.jpg

Also noted they were "packed in the UK using ...Patties from the USA" that's more air miles than aer lingus lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

We had these tonight. They were tasty enough.

However.

They taste exactly like some other veggie burger I've had before. I'm pretty certain that it was Quorn Quarter Pounders. Lookswise, they are similar to Iceland's No Bull Burgers, in that they contain beetroot juice to give a red tinge.

Not bad at all, but at €7 for two, way overpriced.

Thanks for that - I saw them at the weekend, but one glance at the price ruled them out completely for me. :D

Advertisement