Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Brave Browser

Options
  • 01-02-2019 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is using the Brave browser. I only recently discovered it and find it really fast on android and I'm using it as my main browser on the PC.

Not too sure I believe the stats on the time saved, but it is interesting the number of trackers and ads blocked.

One of the founders of Mozilla is behind it and there is a tipping system for content creators included but I'm not 100% sure how this works as you are meant to be able to earn tokens for opting in to watching ads but this doesn't seem live yet.

So just wondering if anyone else is using it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

A very belated response! but better late than never. I've been using it for the past few months. It's now my main browser.

It's an attractive proposition and its being progressed by some credible people. I collect up the tokens - and whilst it means little now, I like the concept. As adoption grows, this model could become really powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Also been using this as my main browser for a few months and I really like it. Its an interesting model - also seems secure, nice privacy features and its lovely and speedy. Been using it on Windows, MacOS and Linux as well as Android and it's been great!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coldcake

Forgot I posted this! I’ve been continuing to use Brave and I love it.
    I use it on android and on my desktop.

It’s been great for blocking ads on YouTube, All4 and CBS players. It was blocking ads on RTÉ but this seems to have stopped working recently.

Brave ads are now enabled so I have been making a small amount of money the last couple of months which I have tipped onto sites like the Guardian, Wikipedia and Khan academy which are all now verified publishers. I have even tipped a local Irish soccer club who are verified! It is great to be able to support websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

its based off chrome

Advertisement