Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RECI Inspection

Options
  • 01-02-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I am currently getting a property rewired with a RECI sparks.
    He said that after he is finished RECI may inspect the work.
    No problem at all.

Now the question; I would guess that I am under no obligation to let the Reci inspector access to the property(obviously I will, its a hypothetical question)?
    Could he get a court order?
    Could he get networks to disconnect me?
    Can he do anything?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Pataman wrote: »
    Hi.
    I am currently getting a property rewired with a RECI sparks.
    He said that after he is finished RECI may inspect the work.
    No problem at all.

Now the question; I would guess that I am under no obligation to let the Reci inspector access to the property(obviously I will, its a hypothetical question)?
    Could he get a court order?
    Could he get networks to disconnect me?
    Can he do anything?

Thanks

You’re under no obligation but it’ll be helpful to the contractor to allow access. Nothing can be done if you refuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JohnTravers2

it would probably be in your interest anyhow

they may flag up a few minor issues

as can be seen from the other thread though,they tend to be cosy enough with the RECs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

it would probably be in your interest anyhow

they may flag up a few minor issues

as can be seen from the other thread though,they tend to be cosy enough with the RECs

I disagree with your last comment.they are generally impartial and thorough.imho

Advertisement