Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warned for trolling

Options
  • 02-02-2019 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

See my post on this thread:
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057951649&page=2

I received a warning.

This post is factual information and I can’t see any issue with it.

Same mod gave me another warning because they thought I made a flippant remark, their judgment was wrong and my remark was sincere.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod? That's the first step of the dispute process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

I have sent them a PM asking for clarification. They have not replied. I got a warning for not replying to them in thread within a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi HappyAsLarE, will you please share the PM conversation here if you can't resolve with the Mod and I will look into it.

If it is resolved, please let me know so I can close this DR.

Thanks,

LEIN

Here is what I sent yesterday. No reply.

Hi Wearb,

Can you please give me an explanation on why you think my post was off topic and trolling?

It is factual information. And is useful as it explains the error in using analogies that result in a false method of operation of heating equipment.

All the best,
    Lar

Here is what I sent yesterday. No reply.

Hi Wearb,

Can you please give me an explanation on why you think my post was off topic and trolling?

It is factual information. And is useful as it explains the error in using analogies that result in a false method of operation of heating equipment.

All the best,
    Lar

Thanks, we'll wait for his reply.

• Advertisement

I agree it is reasonable to wait for their reply, despite them not affording me that courtesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please note that only the OP, CMods and admins can post here. Other posts will be deleted.

dudara

Hi guys,

The mod replied to my PM. They won't engage without an apology for me being uncivil in a different PM engagement.

My first message from the mod:

"I have hidden those messages now. It was there long enough for you to respond, seeing as you had enough interest to comment in the first place.
    Do you want to explain your post here?"

I felt the tone of this message was unnecessary. They assumed I do be checking in on the thread often. I was confused by what they meant by explaining my post, and indeed the need to do so. My reply:

"I’m confused. Do you expect me to be constantly checking boards?
    What do you mean by explain my post? Why do posts get hidden when a moderator doesn’t understand them?"

Their reply:

"You made what I thought to be a flippant reply to the OP. Because I wasn't sure of your intentions I gave you a chance to explain. btw you were online for a time after I issued the request.

For the last time, do you want to explain your post here? Otherwise we're done here."

No issue with the first paragraph, but the second was some attitude.

My reply:

"I may have been online, but didn’t go into that thread.
    You aren’t getting an explanation. Enjoy your power tripping."

Obviously I was quite annoyed at that point.

It was clearly a remark that cut, as the mod issued a warning in a different thread.

I think it is clear from the above that the mod was rude from the start.

I will chat with the Mod in view of getting him to engage.

Hi,

Any update on this?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi,

Any update on this?

Thanks

I have requested that the Admins reverse your yellow.
    Please allow 24 hours.

Many thanks.

Resolved.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Card lifted, marking this as resolved

Thanks all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement