Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy plants in bulk in Dublin

Options
  • 02-02-2019 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭

Where's a good centre to buy a lot of garden plants in Dublin?

For value and health..

Maybe looking for some grasses, decorative shrubs and climbers, some perennial flowers..

Also looking for maybe a tonne bag of decent topsoil delivered if anyone knows someone doing that..

North county Dublin based

Obviously there are a million and one garden centres around me but I'm looking for somewhere that maybe does bulk sales

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

for bulk sales in north county dublin, tully's nurseries is the obvious first place to check. they're probably a little more oriented towards trees and shrubs, but certainly do carry herbaceous perennials and the like.

take the ballyboughal road from blake's cross, and the right about 2km later, and you'll soon see it on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Another vote for Tully's, find the plant quality noticeably better than most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrs.doubt.fire

For value and health, why not come out of Dublin and travel down the country to a garden nursery where they are grown. You'll not only save a solid fortune on the price of each plant but you'll also save on petrol/diesel, as they are much cheaper down the country as to buying in the city. Years ago I was a florist and during the summer months I had to sell the summer bedding flowers. I purchased them locally from a garden nursery at wholesale prices. But one morning I was in Smithfield market getting the cut flowers (wholesale) and I priced their summer bedding flowers, their whole sale prices were a heck of a lot more as to what I was retailing them for.

Advertisement