Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW25 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yep this is a missed opportunity
    And as i said last week I am absolutely certain he starts all 3 games
    Jesus is a huge downgrade
    The players in the other positions are all on a par with each other more or less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aguero has ruined my TC on Sterling.

Then Dahat remembers two seasons running the Lukaku did nothing in the TC so 2 assists ain't so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Kun should come off soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Ace2007 wrote: »
    2 tap in's from 4 yards and a header from 6 yards - not a bad hatrick

A tap in a header and a handball. They all count :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

That TC is a good trick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Eh I dunno is now in a relationship with captain aguero

I just was thinking if i asked very nicely would Sergio accept my hand in marriage.

I see i have competition.

Jesus I’m getting a huge green to 15k based on today
    Wasn’t expecting that !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This is why he was gold in previous season, problem is though they could have score 60+ goals in the period this time round, and Sterling/Sane have been better value.

It's the system they're playing today.

While Aguero (c) and TC was a perfectly good choice anyway, the way Pep normally sets up means Kun gets left a little deeper sometimes when they quicken the pace. Pep loves a back post finish with one of his wingers coming in late. Today, there's no natural width on the left side really, so they've ended up playing to Aguero's strengths.

It's worked out brilliantly for Kun owners and captainers and TCers. Frustrating as a non-owner as I'll be destroyed now after a superb season so far. But those are the breaks in this game. You can't have them all. Just gotta hope my TC week can compare, and that Sané (c) can still do something this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Arsenal defenders hearing the Mr. X theme every time City pour forward ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

km79 wrote:
    Yep this is a missed opportunity And as i said last week I am absolutely certain he starts all 3 games Jesus is a huge downgrade The players in the other positions are all on a par with each other more or less

You probably just guaranteed he doesn't start against Everton with that jinx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

yellow for Gündogan for dive - (though doubt anyone has him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

I love Kun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

You little gem Aguero. Pure predator

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Laporte, Sterling, Aguero(TC).

67 points from this game so far. Probably my best ever FPL day, talk about a season changer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Done well yesterday but ya after only having Sane as my single double gameweek player ****ed now!

Just the 42 points for Kun so far before bonus.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Laporte, Sterling, Aguero(TC).

67 points from this game so far. Probably my best ever FPL day, talk about a season changer

Have the same here. Some feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Have TC on Sane with Aguero as vice. Any chance Pep could bench Sane for the two games?!

There's also surely no way Pep rests Aguero midweek after scoring a hattrick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

thunderdog wrote: »
    Have TC on Sane with Aguero as vice. Any chance Pep could bench Sane for the two games?!

Little or no chance I'd say.
    He will more than likely be introduced in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Need Sané to come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sterling regular captain and Aguero...I should still be happy right? Nervous about all the Kun captains and triple captains...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Have Aguero, but Salah as captain :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just the 42 points for Kun so far before bonus.

He has 14? Unless I missed 7 other goals?
    Kun(TC) has 42. There's a difference.

I see no chance of that - they can't afford to slip up. Why bench your top player in a must win game.

Should Pool slip up tomorrow, then 100% Aguero will start on Wednesday as they could go top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

thunderdog wrote: »

If he doesn't come on here and is benched again on Wednesday that is going to be a savage sweat! Would have thought it unlikely but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Missed opportunity with TC chip.

We keep it for DGW’s & for players like Salah and Aguero.

I’ve planned FH & BB for the other DGW’s so really should of pulled it.

There was no way he was resting him full stop

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Kun making it tricky to justify swapping him for auba next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Never gave aguero the slightest bit of consideration for this week. Based on the evidence all season sterling and sane were the better options.

• Advertisement

He has 14? Unless I missed 7 other goals?
    Kun(TC) has 42. There's a difference.

Kun has got me 42 points so far this gameweek pre bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's Pep and they have Chelsea at the weekend so it wouldn't shock me if Jesus starts.

Aguero off, Jesus on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Aguero off, Jesus on

And breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Sterling goal please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Never gave aguero the slightest bit of consideration for this week. Based on the evidence all season sterling and sane were the better options.

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

bantee wrote: »
    Sterling goal please

Feck yeah
    For a second there........

Isn't it mad how this game affects your mood. Living in England I was dreading going into work tomorrow after the rugby yesterday. I will be skipping around the place now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not in a DGW I don’t think. The chances of rotation were much higher. I’m almost expecting Sane and Mahrez to play in the wide positions with Aguero remaining up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CSF wrote: »
    Not in a DGW I don’t think. The chances of rotation were much higher. I’m almost expecting Sane and Mahrez to play in the wide positions with Aguero remaining up top.

Jesus will be playing before Mahrez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It made me sense for me as an Auba owner with no City coverage so I could just do a straight swap rather than selling any of my mids to accommodate Sterling/Sané. Didn't expect it to work out this well though.

And that is why Jesus doesn't start.... could have just played Sterling right in, or even KdB, but instead takes a tame shot straight at keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It made me sense for me as an Auba owner with no City coverage so I could just do a straight swap rather than selling any of my mids to accommodate Sterling/Sané. Didn't expect it to work out this well though.

I understand that move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Well done to all the aguero TC. It looks so obvious the move now.be some monster scores this week I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Today shows why people should never ever give up their FPL season.

I've a 90 point lead at least over most of my rivals, which has now been obliterated on a marginal call - not just to avoid Aguero and City because of Pep roulette, but to not choose him as a captain or TC this week. Sterling and Sané had all stats in their favour. Kun mainly had the fact he was Kun and he has the ability to explode no matter what.

That's the game. It's why it's brilliant but also fúcking infuriating.

Kdb off, Mahrez on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Jesus will be playing before Mahrez

I don’t think so. I think if Mahrez was persona non grata he would have been shipped out last week, and if he’s not on the way out they need to play him at some point or he’ll be gone in the summer.

He’s not gonna play against Chelsea or in the Champions League so this game seems like one he will play.

Jesus on the other hand has seen football recently and will have to play supporting cast to hattrick Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That game has wrecked my buzz after the Pogba, Rashford returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

FT, no Sane

Cheers Pep

• Advertisement

FT 3-1, looking forward to the Everton game now,

Advertisement