Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW25 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Salah looks done for me this year. A lot of options out there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    He fkin killed me over Xmas and wasn’t even playing that well
    Wish i stayed strong ........Kane injury made it easily though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I honestly don't know if your trying to reverse jinx or your being serious, but I hope your not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Salah 5 double digit scores in his last 7! what are the other options you speak of?

Anderson playibg himself into contention to come back in for Ricky gw27

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Salah 5 double digit scores in his last 7! what are the other options you speak of?

An Aguero Aubameyang Combo

Mane Looks much better now than before Xmas

km79 wrote: »
    Anderson playibg himself into contention to come back in for Ricky gw27

Guaranteed fixture 31 home to Huddersfield too
    Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He's been dreadful last two games.

I sold him last time before they played Bournemouth.

Not this time.

He gets one more game.

But he's been really poor last 2.

This is what mane does
    Then
    Back to being infuriating

Fabianski with his customary save point

• Advertisement

You could have that Combo and still have Salah
    FHFC wrote: »
    He's been dreadful last two games.

I sold him last time before they played Bournemouth.

Not this time.

He gets one more game.

But he's been really poor last 2.

by last 2 games you mean 1 and half really, he's had 2 shots on target saved in this half already. It's astonishing how impatient people are in this game. He could blank the next two and wouldn't bother me, on the flip side you have countless players with double pool defence and will stick with in despite them keeping 1 CS in last 6 games, conceding 7 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Origi replaces Firminio.

Big Andy and Obiang coming on

Noble and Little PEA off

Liverpool have been stink

Here comes ex Liverpool player Andy Carroll...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was expecting a shedload of save points from Fab tonight, disappointing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

No one getting rested by Pep now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Christ this is a bad GW

Anderson off, Masuaku on

3 mins injury time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Unmitigated disaster of a GW for me!

Origi clean through last kick of the game straight at Fab

FT 1-1

Full steam ahead for the city annihilation of Everton to go back top of the table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was counting on a strong Liverpool win. I've made some very bad calls this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

I never ever get the chance to do this, and I probably won't see the day again so I'm gonna relish every press of the keyboard when I type..

112 before bonus (Felipe Anderson) with LaPorte, Sterling and TC Aguero to go.

I'm gonna need a slice of pizza and a smoke after that

I may have to make 2 more gk transfers soon :(

I never ever get the chance to do this, and I probably won't see the day again so I'm gonna relish every press of the keyboard when I type..

112 before bonus (Felipe Anderson) with LaPorte, Sterling and TC Aguero to go.

I'm gonna need a slice of pizza and a smoke after that

I bet it was more fun than TC Sanchez ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GetWithIt wrote: »
    No one getting rested by Pep now.

He might rest Aguero.

Once he bangs in 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

108 (-4) with Ricky, Sane, Sterling & TC Aguero to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

I bet it was more fun than TC Sanchez ;)

Oooh low blow, I'm still recovering from that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Salah obvious captain choice next week not so obvious now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭macraignil

75 with no hits and no one with a double game week. Could have been a good score in a normal game week even with Salah captain fail. Hope there's another double game week confirmed soon so I can work out how to make my team work for that one. Triple captain hat trick sounds like a good idea.

• Advertisement

SCOUT: Mohamed Salah has scored only two goals from open play in the last seven Gameweeks (both against Crystal Palace)

He also records back-to-back blanks for the first time since GW8

#FPL #WHULIV https://t.co/x5ZRhXuAH2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

When I transfer out Salah, rival keeps him, he scores a hat trick.
    When rival drops him for FH, I have him back, he scores 2pts.
    The joys.
    I was just clinging on to a nice differential there today, with potential for a big score, so just annoyed about that.

Thanks to Liverpool forgetting how to defend its another nothing week now
    Gained 7 points on leader but he has sane ......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thanks to Liverpool forgetting how to defend its another nothing week now
    Gained 7 points on leader but he has sane ......

I also went on the liverpool double up on wildcard but sold robertson this week to free up funds. My Gks have got me 1 CS since gw 9 which is a remarkable statistic. Ive had the wolves keeper and now the liverpool keeper two of the best defences in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Since I doubled up on Liverpool defence they have conceded 5 goals in 3 games. Time to offload one of them, probably Alisson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Benimar wrote: »
    Since I doubled up on Liverpool defence they have conceded 5 goals in 3 games. Time to offload one of them, probably Alisson.

Gonna do the same. Robertson will get an assist here and there. Alisson no save points or anything really.

Might even get Fabiański for save points :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've personally always disagreed with a double defence. Feel it always makes or break the week. I was tempted to with Pool but lucky I didn't in the end.

5 goals conceded in 3 games and were coming into the 'leggy' part of the season.

Defenders in the bottom half could look appealing with trying to hold on for whatever points they can scrap together. Will need to look into Burnley Southampton Palace fixtures.

Although I already have Bednarek and Wan B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Swapped Alisson out this week for Ederson for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not sure if this has been posted but it's absolute gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Any word on Sane and whether he has been struck-down yet?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just checked my OR. it took a long time to come to the point where I didn't care what it was.

down from 440 to 1290. I'd no Aguero at all and Sane captained.

honestly, i thought it'd be worse.

it reminded me instantly that things in this game can seem worse in the moment than they actually are in reality. i was so annoyed on Sunday when Aguero went mad. i couldn't believe the swing in points. but in the cold light of day, I'm still ok. I'm aware it could easily get worse tomorrow, but in all likelihood, even if he gets another hat trick, I'm probably down to 2k. it's galling after months of good work, but i'd have taken 2k at this stage if you'd handed it to me at the start of the season.

bring on the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

SlickRic wrote: »
    just checked my OR. it took a long time to come to the point where I didn't care what it was.

it reminded me instantly that things in this game can seem worse in the moment than they actually are in reality. i was so annoyed on Sunday when Aguero went mad. i couldn't believe the swing in points. but in the cold light of day, I'm still ok. I'm aware it could easily get worse tomorrow, but in all likelihood, even if he gets another hat trick, I'm probably down to 2k. it's galling after months of good work, but i'd have taken 2k at this stage if you'd handed it to me at the start of the season.

bring on the pain.

I see your point but when you pump so much time into something like FPL and results like the weekend don't go your way, it can be very frustrating to the point that it can affect your mood, similar to anything you invest time in. Many will say there's more important things in life to worry about, very true but it can still get to you if somewhat passionate about it.

I had a GW rank of 7,986 in GW23
    GW24: 5,27 mil
    GW25 (So far): 4.69mil

Drop to 96k OR from 32k OR, again so far.

Very very frustrating game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I had no Aguero, sterling or hazard and captained KDB but still got a big green arrow. Up 50k places.

.... to 630k OR.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I see your point but when you pump so much time into something like FPL and results like the weekend don't go your way, it can be very frustrating to the point that it can affect your mood, similar to anything you invest time in. Many will say there's more important things in life to worry about, very true but it can still get to you if somewhat passionate about it.

Have to say I really should give up playing. Its massively affecting my mood and has even affected my sleep. I spent so much time thinking about it and invest so much time in it that if not atleast finishing in the top 20k . Id have to question why Im doing it. Im heading for my 3rd season finishing a good bit below my targets and it really is time to question is it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I don’t let it affect my moods greatly in terms of OR scores but I do like to finish in the money in my MLs so when there are guys passing me with crazy teams it does annoy me a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Have to say I really should give up playing. Its massively affecting my mood and has even affected my sleep. I spent so much time thinking about it and invest so much time in it that if not atleast finishing in the top 20k . Id have to question why Im doing it. Im heading for my 3rd season finishing a good bit below my targets and it really is time to question is it worth it.

This is my last season anyway.

Had a couple of good years but then I decided not to take it seriously last year and was way more productive with my time. Logged in once a week and it was nice if you had a good week but I didn't care if I didn't.

This year I'm taking it seriously again (although doesn't look like it with my rank) and it's really not worth it. So much time for such little reward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Your doing it wrong, me gw 19 OR:2.08m, this week OR:911k and rising,feeling much better about the game now, although I think I went a bit insane around Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

bring on the pain.

The difference when you’re as high as you are is unbelievable. No matter how poor a week you have at that sort of ranking, it’s almost impossible to drop too far. Ville Ronka has had 9 or 10 red arrows in a row and has only dropped from 1k to 5k or something crazy like that.

I genuinely think the start is everything in this game. There will always be exceptions, but generally people who get off to a bad start and are stuck in a rut come gameeek 10 or so would be better off packing it in and saving themselves the hassle. If you get off to a flyer, you won’t drop too far away when all is said and done.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've actually stopped investing (emotionally) as much as I used to in the game. The year Leicester won the league broke me. I couldn't seem to get anything right and it was genuinely putting me in a shít mood every weekend. Decided it wasn't worth it and put the game on the back burner for the rest of the season and I was better off for it.

I still love FPL, but when things go wrong I try to just shrug it off. As annoying as it can be to hear it, it's just a game.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Paully D wrote: »

bring on the pain.

The difference when you’re as high as you are is unbelievable. No matter how poor a week you have at that sort of ranking, it’s almost impossible to drop too far. Ville Ronka has had 9 or 10 red arrows in a row and has only dropped from 1k to 5k or something crazy like that.

I genuinely think the start is everything in this game. There will always be exceptions, but generally people who get off to a bad start and are stuck in a rut come gameeek 10 or so would be better off packing it in and saving themselves the hassle. If you get off to a flyer, you won’t drop too far away when all is said and done.
    I am BB gw2 or 3 next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭shmeee

Paully D wrote: »

I'd be of the same thinking, a good start throws you right to the top and you never drop too far once staying around average scores or above.

I hit 92 & 94 points in GW1 & GW2. And kept afloat nicely until GW10 when TC on Salah hit gold for 45 point return. I've dropped OR to the 40k (OP
    1,521) now after a few weak GW's but in the chasing pack in the ML's.

Other's who are usually high in the ML's I'm in got a slow start and always chasing ground since, taking hits getting in players to try gain the points.

• Advertisement
Advertisement