If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 4k 65inch Tv for my use

Options
  • 02-02-2019 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Back again after many years my parents tv still going strong now thanks for kenny back then 6 years or more now and i can now finally upgrade my TV.

So I have a 46 inch Samsung model UE46C6530UK which has been used for android box streaming, freesat and netflix. 

So my question is what tv would be best 65 inch tv we have a budget of €1300 but depending on whats there could go more. I am afraid of getting oled tv as of the burn in factor which we have a lot of the time left android box on the main very colorful screen for hours and other screens with static images which would not help with tv.
    I have also found that for the content we watch may not get the best benefit out of oled either.

So netflix freesat built into tv and we watch movies and sports no gaming yet but i assume in years to come my son will want this. What tv would be best and price delivered to Clare. I have a revoult card if it works out cheaper.

Thanks again 
    John

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jhud wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Back again after many years my parents tv still going strong now thanks for kenny back then 6 years or more now and i can now finally upgrade my TV.

So I have a 46 inch Samsung model UE46C6530UK which has been used for android box streaming, freesat and netflix. 

So my question is what tv would be best 65 inch tv we have a budget of €1300 but depending on whats there could go more. I am afraid of getting oled tv as of the burn in factor which we have a lot of the time left android box on the main very colorful screen for hours and other screens with static images which would not help with tv.
    I have also found that for the content we watch may not get the best benefit out of oled either.

So netflix freesat built into tv and we watch movies and sports no gaming yet but i assume in years to come my son will want this. What tv would be best and price delivered to Clare. I have a revoult card if it works out cheaper.

Thanks again 
    John
    Hi John,

The OLEDs are the best but if you are worried about leaving a static image on the screen for a long time I would probably go for an LED myself.

If you can go a little bit over budget the best panel would be the Sony KD65XF9005 at 1707.36 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203178-sony-kd65xf9005-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Of all the LED TVs this has the best panel with a direct backlight, great contrast, natural colour and very fast motion processing. It also has Android built in which is the best Smart hub available. I have one on display and it's the closest to an OLED in terms of colour and contrast in an LED (although the OLED is still a massive step up).

Closer to the budget, Sony also do a KD65XF8505 at 1299 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203191-sony-kd65xf8505-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-freeview-hd.aspx

Still a fantastic TV with the Android operating system but has a slightly lower motion processing rate and also uses an edge lit panel as opposed to the direct lit 9005 so wouldn't have the same brightness and contrast. The Sonys are great TVs though.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Hi Guys

Thanks again 
    John
    Hi John,

The OLEDs are the best but if you are worried about leaving a static image on the screen for a long time I would probably go for an LED myself.

If you can go a little bit over budget the best panel would be the Sony KD65XF9005 at 1707.36 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203178-sony-kd65xf9005-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Of all the LED TVs this has the best panel with a direct backlight, great contrast, natural colour and very fast motion processing. It also has Android built in which is the best Smart hub available. I have one on display and it's the closest to an OLED in terms of colour and contrast in an LED (although the OLED is still a massive step up).

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203191-sony-kd65xf8505-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-freeview-hd.aspx

Still a fantastic TV with the Android operating system but has a slightly lower motion processing rate and also uses an edge lit panel as opposed to the direct lit 9005 so wouldn't have the same brightness and contrast. The Sonys are great TVs though.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Thanks for reply and good info pitty I missed the deal on the XF9005 for €1470 but at the current price its too much as I have to buy a new tv stand as well. So with the tv getting good reviews and a lot of people just like me missing out on deal I can hold out in the hope the price gets reduced again soon.

Thanks again 
    John

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Guys

Thanks again 
    John
    Hi John,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Thanks for reply and good info pitty I missed the deal on the XF9005 for €1470 but at the current price its too much as I have to buy a new tv stand as well. So with the tv getting good reviews and a lot of people just like me missing out on deal I can hold out in the hope the price gets reduced again soon.

Thanks again 
    John
    Hey John.

No problem.

Keep your eye on our website and should the price change or something else catch your eye let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.