Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful Eir Customer Service

• 02-02-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

On January 11th, I had fibre broadband installed to my home.  Since then my landline is not working, I have made several online complaints to eir  but only get an auto responder answer, I have made over 60 phone calls and keep been passed from one department to the other with no one helping me. I spoke to a lady who insisted my phone line was working but when I asked her to call it she could hear it did not ring and asked me to dial 199000 and it tells me my number is now another number, then she put me on hold to speak to someone else but that never happened.  I have had my other number for almost 20 years.  When I was ordering my broadband I was never told that my number would change and I was never told that my phone would be plugged directly into my broadband.  I want my phone number to be put back working and I also want my landline to be working independently of broadband as it was previously. I also want to be compensated for disruption of service. The service I have received from eir over the past few weeks has been very unprofessional and to be without the service of my landline has been a major inconvenience. At the moment I am in desperation of what to do next.  The customer service eir offer is shocking. 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

concat1 wrote: »

On January 11th, I had fibre broadband installed to my home.  Since then my landline is not working, I have made several online complaints to eir  but only get an auto responder answer, I have made over 60 phone calls and keep been passed from one department to the other with no one helping me. I spoke to a lady who insisted my phone line was working but when I asked her to call it she could hear it did not ring and asked me to dial 199000 and it tells me my number is now another number, then she put me on hold to speak to someone else but that never happened.  I have had my other number for almost 20 years.  When I was ordering my broadband I was never told that my number would change and I was never told that my phone would be plugged directly into my broadband.  I want my phone number to be put back working and I also want my landline to be working independently of broadband as it was previously. I also want to be compensated for disruption of service. The service I have received from eir over the past few weeks has been very unprofessional and to be without the service of my landline has been a major inconvenience. At the moment I am in desperation of what to do next.  The customer service eir offer is shocking. 

Why the Minister or Commreg doesn't intervene in this sh1t show of a company is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 concat1

Why the Minister or Commreg doesn't intervene in this sh1t show of a company is beyond me.
    If I don't get a reply from them this week after all the calls, faults logged and complaints including a letter of complaint posted to them I will be bringing this to the attention of Comreg.  After almost 20 years being and customer and no bad credit history, its a joke how any company can treat existing customers like this.

If I don't get a reply from them this week after all the calls, faults logged and complaints including a letter of complaint posted to them I will be bringing this to the attention of Comreg.  After almost 20 years being and customer and no bad credit history, its a joke how any company can treat existing customers like this.

Sure Commreg are overwhelmed with complaints against eir themselves. But no harm in telling them. Note you have to wait 10 days after complaining to eir before Commreg can act

Sure Commreg are overwhelmed with complaints against eir themselves. But no harm in telling them. Note you have to wait 10 days after complaining to eir before Commreg can act
    I think my 10 days are up allready. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi concat1, 

Sorry to hear of the problems you have had. I will certainly look into this. 

Could you PM the following details?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

As soon as I get this information I can investigate this for you. 

Could you also PM the email address you gave for your complaint and I will follow up with this team. 

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

• Advertisement

I will be a month without my landline on Friday.  After several phone calls which result in me being about 3 hours on the phone, all that ever happens is I keep being passed from one department to the other. If my landline not working is not anyone's problem in EIR who am I supposed to call.  I have lodged online complaints and have also written to them.  The service the offer is a JOKE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 Fralmar

I will be a month without my landline on Friday.  After several phone calls which result in me being about 3 hours on the phone, all that ever happens is I keep being passed from one department to the other. If my landline not working is not anyone's problem in EIR who am I supposed to call.  I have lodged online complaints and have also written to them.  The service the offer is a JOKE.
    EIR is the worst ISP that I know I am trying to end my contract but I can´t and I am on my first 14 days, since they install me the fibre this is a nightmare, lot of fails and cuts and no one solve nothing, no one came to fix my connection and I was complaining since first day 28/01/2019, This is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Fralmar wrote: »
    EIR is the worst ISP that I know I am trying to end my contract but I can´t and I am on my first 14 days, since they install me the fibre this is a nightmare, lot of fails and cuts and no one solve nothing, no one came to fix my connection and I was complaining since first day 28/01/2019, This is a joke.

Eir has been terrible for 20 years now

At this stage I would have expected people to finally work that out and stop giving them money, they might finally provide a proper service if the money stops flowing in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 Fralmar

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Eir has been terrible for 20 years now

At this stage I would have expected people to finally work that out and stop giving them money, they might finally provide a proper service if the money stops flowing in
    I will refuse any bill from EIR, this is not serious, they are scamming people, at least at me. I don´t have any solution, and they don´t allow me to end the contract, My big mistake was contract EIR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I will refuse any bill from EIR, this is not serious, they are scamming people, at least at me. I don´t have any solution, and they don´t allow me to end the contract, My big mistake was contract EIR.

They don’t provide the service they have broken the contract....simple as that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

They're absolutely disgraceful pal. I had desperate problems with them too. Thankfully it got sorted in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 annstap

I cancelled my broadband account in December 2018 and I'm still getting bills online.I have tried ringing each time a bill arrives but cannot get speaking to anyone,I have emailed and heard nothing. Any advice please will be helpful.

annstap wrote: »
    I cancelled my broadband account in December 2018 and I'm still getting bills online.I have tried ringing each time a bill arrives but cannot get speaking to anyone,I have emailed and heard nothing. Any advice please will be helpful.
    Just cancel the direct debit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Just cancel the direct debit
    That is all well and good till you start getting phone calls from debt collectors lots of letters etc etc they dont give up,, I have my own issue with them now hitting 7 months and no result being passed from one department to another. Why comreg has not got involved yet is beyond me,the company aint fit for purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I cancelled my direct debit for the same reason, I did get the mess sorted out here on boards but it should not still be going on - that was last July/August.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 annstap

I did cancel the direct debit in January. I do worry about getting letters from debt collectors now. Just don't know what to do now.Awful customer service.Thanks for the replies.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    That is all well and good till you start getting phone calls from debt collectors lots of letters etc etc they dont give up,, I have my own issue with them now hitting 7 months and no result being passed from one department to another. Why comreg has not got involved yet is beyond me,the company aint fit for purpose

pass your case on to Commreg so

jimmynokia wrote: »

Hi @annstap and @jimmynokia

If you could PM the following details I will investigate this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Don't "Just cancel the direct debit"

Cancelling the direct debit does not fix the problem.

It just leads to more problems because you have no written proof that you met Eirs terms and conditions
    which require written cancellation of the service.

It will also not pay the final bill that you owe.

You can cancel the old fashioned way by sending a notice by registered post at 8 eurots a pop, plus the walk to the post office.

Or you can send your cancellation as a written email complaint to:

ccm@eir.ie

You will get an auto response email from Eir.

This give you date stamped proof than you have met Eirs cancellation T & Cs.

Any hassles with final bill escalate to ComReg

consumerline@comreg.ie

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mrs B

I am at my witts end with Eir's "customer service"  I have contacted them 7 times within the last 2 weeks regarding my account. I gave my 30 days notice to cancel my contract back in Jan which was a job in it's self ...  Then 2 weeks ago someone from Eir decides to un cancel my account & they send me a bill of €70. Last Tuesday I was waiting on the phone for an 1 hour & a half to talk to someone who then tells me to ring back in 5 days.. 

Can someone from EIR please PM me to sort my account out.. 

• Advertisement

Mrs B wrote: »
    I am at my witts end with Eir's "customer service"  I have contacted them 7 times within the last 2 weeks regarding my account. I gave my 30 days notice to cancel my contract back in Jan which was a job in it's self ...  Then 2 weeks ago someone from Eir decides to un cancel my account & they send me a bill of €70. Last Tuesday I was waiting on the phone for an 1 hour & a half to talk to someone who then tells me to ring back in 5 days.. 

Hi Mrs B, 

If you could PM the following details I can look into this for you?

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Been through this TEN TIMES as its a cancellation issue you can do nothing same for social media. You are then told to call 1901 left for at least an hour then told to go to another department.. The circle begins again. 

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭35x

I was an eircom/eir customer for many years until Imagine Broadband became available and could provide me with faster internet. I changed to them and my landline number got ported over to them. 

Recently Eir have arrived with FTTH so I had it installed in early Feb '19. I have cancelled my Imagine Broadband a/c since Feb 10th, and notified Eir of my wish to have the number ported back.

Like other posters, I have gone through what must be the worst so-called customer service anywhere - their customer service rating is : excellent 2%, good 1%, poor or bad 97%!!!!! Some record!

I have been trying to get my number ported back but:
    1/  a chat service guy from God knows where took all the details and said it would take 10 days....no result
    2/  another chat guy then told me it couldn't be done by them, totally contradicting first guy, and to use 1901
    3/  eventually got through to very helpful Irish guy ,took all my details again and said there would be a 10 day wait.
    4/  nothing happens.....suffer 1901 again on 4th March...another Irish guy, quiet helpful and said he would get his     supervisor to help and it would take 2 to 3 days.....9 days later, nothing has happened!

I was given a new number as soon as Broadband installed but no one knows it and I cannot receive any calls for over a month now which is most inconvenient. Is there anything one can do....I am totally exasperated!!!!!!1

35x wrote: »
    I was an eircom/eir customer for many years until Imagine Broadband became available and could provide me with faster internet. I changed to them and my landline number got ported over to them. 

Recently Eir have arrived with FTTH so I had it installed in early Feb '19. I have cancelled my Imagine Broadband a/c since Feb 10th, and notified Eir of my wish to have the number ported back.

Like other posters, I have gone through what must be the worst so-called customer service anywhere - their customer service rating is : excellent 2%, good 1%, poor or bad 97%!!!!! Some record!

1/  a chat service guy from God knows where took all the details and said it would take 10 days....no result
    2/  another chat guy then told me it couldn't be done by them, totally contradicting first guy, and to use 1901
    3/  eventually got through to very helpful Irish guy ,took all my details again and said there would be a 10 day wait.
    4/  nothing happens.....suffer 1901 again on 4th March...another Irish guy, quiet helpful and said he would get his     supervisor to help and it would take 2 to 3 days.....9 days later, nothing has happened!

I was given a new number as soon as Broadband installed but no one knows it and I cannot receive any calls for over a month now which is most inconvenient. Is there anything one can do....I am totally exasperated!!!!!!1
    Hi 35x, 

Sincere apologies for the delay in getting your number ported. 

Could you PM the following details and I will be happy to help?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Number
    6. Landline number you are looking to port. 

Thanks,
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

35x wrote: »

Dial 199000 and your phone number will be read back to you.

You have to call Imagine and get a UAN, once you have this you have to give this to EIR, it used to be possible to do a number swap, but I have been told this is no longer possible so you may have to cancel your account and reapply. (this is nearly impossible unless you are within the 14day cooling off period.)

This is the reason we have had no service since the 26th of Feb, Eir has had the UAN for the number we had for 20 years, since then, but they are still saying that Vodafone won't release the number. I have it in writing that Vodafone has released the number to Eir wholesale.  

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mrs B

Hi Mrs B, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thank you to Grainne for sorting out my query ;) 

Hi Mrs B, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thank you to Grainne for sorting out my query ;) 
    Thanks very much Mrs B, 

Always happy to help. 

Thanks,
    Grainne

Advertisement