Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beyond frustrated with patchy broadband speeds

• 02-02-2019 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Howdy folks,

I think I'm at the end of my tether here. I'm a long time eir customer, I still have some of Telecom Éireann stickers stuck to the card rack next to my landline. I'm afraid the time has come to say goodbye though.

I work from home and rely on having a consistent connection at the very least. When I signed up for the broadband I assumed I wouldn't have the speeds quoted in the package, and I even made my peace with the below average speeds I ended up with. What I can't overlook though is the sheer inconsistency of the connection. Sometimes it's okay, sometimes it's horribly slow...sometimes there's no connection whatsoever and my last recourse is the utterly horrible support network.

I think it's time a lot of us looked at ourselves and really ask, would I accept this level of service in other aspects of my life? Would I pay to have my rubbish bins taken away, only for them to take away a fraction of it, or sometimes not show at all without explanation. Because that's what this company has become and is, pure rubbish.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SwampyJox

Eir has been pretty abysmal, especially lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tmilma

Just to say I’m also having connection issues lately. Internet often goes down for several minutes and then will come back. The eir vision tv doesn’t seem to be effected. I have a nest cam which sends notifications when the internet goes down for a period, I’m getting about 10 of these everyday. I visited my parents this weekend who also have eir and noticed the exact same thing, goes down randomly for about 5- 10 minutes then comes back. Anyone else seeing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Geoglyph wrote: »
    Howdy folks,

I think I'm at the end of my tether here. I'm a long time eir customer, I still have some of Telecom Éireann stickers stuck to the card rack next to my landline. I'm afraid the time has come to say goodbye though.

I work from home and rely on having a consistent connection at the very least. When I signed up for the broadband I assumed I wouldn't have the speeds quoted in the package, and I even made my peace with the below average speeds I ended up with. What I can't overlook though is the sheer inconsistency of the connection. Sometimes it's okay, sometimes it's horribly slow...sometimes there's no connection whatsoever and my last recourse is the utterly horrible support network.

I think it's time a lot of us looked at ourselves and really ask, would I accept this level of service in other aspects of my life? Would I pay to have my rubbish bins taken away, only for them to take away a fraction of it, or sometimes not show at all without explanation. Because that's what this company has become and is, pure rubbish.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
    SwampyJox wrote: »
    Eir has been pretty abysmal, especially lately.
    Tmilma wrote: »
    Just to say I’m also having connection issues lately. Internet often goes down for several minutes and then will come back. The eir vision tv doesn’t seem to be effected. I have a nest cam which sends notifications when the internet goes down for a period, I’m getting about 10 of these everyday. I visited my parents this weekend who also have eir and noticed the exact same thing, goes down randomly for about 5- 10 minutes then comes back. Anyone else seeing this?
    Hi All

If you are having technical issues you can contact our tech support team on 1890 260 260 or alternatively go to our chat support here

Many thanks
    ~Linzi

Advertisement