Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is the worst serial killer

• 02-02-2019 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

Carrying on from the Ted Bundey tapes
    Who in your opinion is the worst serial killer

Doesnt have to be by the amount of victims, it can also be about the brutality or the twisted logic of their crimes

For me there was always something twisted about Albert Fish
    Though he has only been proven to have killed and eaten 3 children he is one of the most twisted killers out there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Sawny Bean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hitler, he was so good he got millions of others to do it for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Vlad the Impaler. Twisted psychopath. Worse than Hitler because he genuinely enjoyed cruelty and sadism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Fred west, an absolute rotter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Me, I've never managed to kill anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Robert Underdunk Terwilliger Jr

He could never quite manage it could he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Fred west, an absolute rotter.

The missus was worse! You'd need to bleach your brain and your soul after reading their Wikipedia page.

Ángel Maturino Reséndiz, aka The Railway Killer, was pretty terrifying. I usually find serial killer stuff pretty fascinating but I'd to stop listening to a podcast about him. One of those guys on a "divine mission" to rape and bludgeon people to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Going to say Harold Shipman given he was the victims trusted family doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Debtocracy

Alf Stewart

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

Del2005 wrote: »
    Hitler, he was so good he got millions of others to do it for him.
    I've often thought about that, do you think Hitler is up in heaven sipping pena coladas while his generals are burning in hell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Jessica Fletcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Dr. Andrew Wakefield

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Everything about Dahmer was depraved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo aka The Ken & Barbie Killers.

Tortured and killed many young girls one of which was Karla's own sister.

barbiefp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

Igotadose wrote: »
    Dr. Andrew Wakefield

And his followers are still killing people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Andrei Chikatilo

Convicted of murdering 52 children and young women. At his trial the evidence was so graphic several of the victims relatives fainted.

Executed by gunshot in 1994

andrei-chikatilo-3.jpg?w=700&h=430&crop=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I loved Deadly Women on Netflix, some scary ladies on there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

mother teresa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Andrei Chikatilo

Convicted of murdering 52 children and young women. At his trial the evidence was so graphic several of the victims relatives fainted.

Executed by gunshot in 1994

andrei-chikatilo-3.jpg?w=700&h=430&crop=1

Butcher , cannibal if i remember correctly ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Gacy and Dahmer were absolute monsters.

The Wikipedia summary for American serial killers runs for pages and pages and pages. It's unbelievable.

Shipman was a medical serial killer.

Naturally, people fear the psychopathic cannibal-type much more. The 'Hannibal Lecter' creepy guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Are you talking about in terms of the one who actually pulls the trigger or the world leader who set the act in motion...?

Either way, either Salin/Hiter or the guys who ran the gualgs/concentration camps.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Gary Ridgeway - the green River killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Levi Bellfield would be one that I'd say would have crimes had have gotten away with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Without a doubt Rosemary West. She was by far the worst out of her and Fred, and it was her insatiable appetite for violent lesbian sex and torture that led to so many young women losing their lives. The fact too that she could get involved in killing her own daughter just adds to her sinister nature. Absolute monster.

38556923_rosewest238.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Are you talking about in terms of the one who actually pulls the trigger or the world leader who set the act in motion...?

Either way, either Salin/Hiter or the guys who ran the gualgs/concentration camps.

Preferably outside a war scenario as technically though monsters who kill and butcher they arent classed as serial or spree killers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Sin City wrote: »
    Preferably outside a war scenario as technically though monsters who kill and butcher they arent classed as serial or spree killers

Even mass murderers outside of war situations, say Mao or Lavrenti Beria, seem different from serial killers as the actual act of killing does not seem to excite them in the way it would a serial killer. Rather they are motivated by an urge for power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Even mass murderers outside of war situations, say Mao or Lavrenti Beria, seem different from serial killers as the actual act of killing does not seem to excite them in the way it would a serial killer. Rather they are motivated by an urge for power.

Ok leave out leaders and politicians too

Larry Murphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The worst serial killer is the one who killed the least amount of ppl before getting caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The Dnepropetrovsk maniacs. Maybe not up there in terms of numbers but very disturbing the way they filmed and photographed everything and thought it was funny while they were doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

John Wayne Gacy Jr. has to up there with the worst of them.

https://wiki2.org/en/John_Wayne_Gacy+Brights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Without a doubt Rosemary West. She was by far the worst out of her and Fred, and it was her insatiable appetite for violent lesbian sex and torture that led to so many young women losing their lives. The fact too that she could get involved in killing her own daughter just adds to her sinister nature. Absolute monster.

38556923_rosewest238.jpg

Just read her entire wiki page
    Oh my good god her and her husband are absolutely F***** up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

wally1990 wrote: »
    Just read her entire wiki page
    Oh my good god her and her husband are absolutely F***** up

Disturbing doesn't even come close, and they reckon they didn't find many more victims of the Wests, many of whom are alleged to be buried under old houses and even sites where motorways have since been paved. Sickos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

BTK is worth a mention as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

From wiki

Pedro Alonso López (born 8 October 1948[1]) is a Colombian serial killer, who was sentenced for killing 110 girls, but who claims to have raped and killed more than 300 girls across Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and potentially other countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Hard to say - does it mean in terms of the vulnerability of the victims? In which case Brady and Hindley. In terms of numbers, the Golden State Killer. In terms of methods, many as horrible as each other. The Toolbox killers make me shudder in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

probably someone not yet or ever caught,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Jhon Jairo Velásquez Vásquez aka Popeye, Pablo Escobar's most loyal sicario (assassin) - claimed to have killed over 3000 people. Surely that figure has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but still he has to be up there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jairo_Vel%C3%A1squez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

For me, when children are the victims it trump's it in terms of the worst notwithstanding they are all horrendous, disgusting people being mentioned here.
    Jhon Jairo Velásquez Vásquez aka Popeye, Pablo Escobar's most loyal sicario (assassin) ]

I always find him to be a bit of a bullsh!t artist to be honest. All the interviewing he does, acting, etc. No doubt he killed people but I hate that self promoting crap about how bad he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

1874 wrote: »
    probably someone not yet or ever caught,

Wouldn’t that technically make them the best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

SeaFields wrote: »
    For me, when children are the victims it trump's it in terms of the worst notwithstanding they are all horrendous, disgusting people being mentioned here.

I always find him to be a bit of a bullsh!t artist to be honest. All the interviewing he does, acting, etc. No doubt he killed people but I hate that self promoting crap about how bad he was.

It's crazy alright, talk about cashing in on your notoriety! Guided tours around Medellin and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Joe o Reilly and Graham dwyer. Two arrogant murders who are so dillussional they still think they will walk free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Meant to type murderers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Joe o Reilly and Graham dwyer. Two arrogant murders who are so dillussional they still think they will walk free.

Did they kill more than one person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Albert Fish is definitely up there

All are horrific but for me the absolute worse are parents who torture/abuse their own children for long periods of of time before they eventually die a slow agonising death eg the Baby P case.. Children that are found in horrific circumstances having been starved and tortured, I just can't get my head around it, absolute utter scum. I can kind of understand how a parent just snaps (not condoning it) but how does someone continuously harm their own children or stand by and allow someone else do it.. Its breaks my heart reading about those murders.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tiguan Joe

god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

The missus was worse! You'd need to bleach your brain and your soul after reading their Wikipedia page.

Ángel Maturino Reséndiz, aka The Railway Killer, was pretty terrifying. I usually find serial killer stuff pretty fascinating but I'd to stop listening to a podcast about him. One of those guys on a "divine mission" to rape and bludgeon people to death.

Pretty hard to track and find a hobo, transient, freight train hopping serial killer, seen a documentary about this fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

All are horrific but for me the absolute worse are parents who torture/abuse their own children for long periods of of time before they eventually die a slow agonising death eg the Baby P case.. Children that are found in horrific circumstances having been starved and tortured, I just can't get my head around it, absolute utter scum. I can kind of understand how a parent just snaps (not condoning it) but how does someone continuously harm their own children or stand by and allow someone else do it.. Its breaks my heart reading about those murders.
    In US cases, makes me agree with the death penalty (I keep veering between for and against but no ambiguity in those situations).

• Advertisement
Advertisement