Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Can we get a temporary ban on trump Biden memes in the ylyl thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, YLYL is going to be sh*tpost city (even more so than usual) unfortunately. Angry neckbeards anti-maskers still living at home who have never left the country without mammy (No doubt "mom") or daddy watching too much fox "news" online.

Was always gonna happen and nothing that cam be done without triggering them.

Ah, let them have their ill-informed rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

So if everyone obeys the rules (the pro-maskists), the others seeking their free liberty in zombie land should die off eventually.

But alas, they'll just create a burden on our health system which should look after those in poorer health in our society that really need it.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hahahaha. "Reality".
    9q84azb9wfu41.png

I know, right? Just look at that right-hand picture:

Homosexuals.
    Freedom of speech
    Control/ownership of one's body
    Women's rights.

The horror.... THE HORROR.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, I mean, I just don't get what the original meme maker was even trying to say. More dumb incel right wing weirdo claptrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I know, right? Just look at that right-hand picture:

Homosexuals.
    Freedom of speech
    Control/ownership of one's body
    Women's rights.

The horror.... THE HORROR.....

The scariest part

ALAN CARR!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭9db3xj7z41fs5u

I was on French Boards this am. I think that it is really amazing that they are essentially having the exact same debate about the US election as Boards. It is probably true for most Internet forums worldwide

The scariest part

ALAN CARR!!! :pac:

Well, there is that... And there is no justification for Alan Carr :D

And apparently atheism leads to I think that's Jersey Shore or something... Somehow... I'm sure the OP will enlighten us.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

... I'm sure the OP will enlighten us.

I don't think enlightenment is the OP's strong point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Teletubbies post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Teletubbies post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Teletubbies post?

The black outline looks like the Among Us video game i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean, I just don't get what the original meme maker was even trying to say. More dumb incel right wing weirdo claptrap.

I think it was a commie plot to bring the system down by surreptitiously posting bewbs on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mod: You already posted this yesterday.
    I snorted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yesterday or today?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114835510&postcount=6768
    For better protection it should be 255.255.255.255

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114835510&postcount=6768
    For better protection it should be 255.255.255.255

Or even better: 0.0.0.0 That should cover everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or even better: 0.0.0.0 That should cover everything :)

I'm not sure a net mask's going to be much protection at all, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is this a case of you weren't looking at the pole vaulting? Coz I'm confused what's so random about it

Lets not pretend anyone will have an interest in the pole vaulting. It's a case of appropriate content and a 16 year old with her arse hanging out is not it, doesn't matter what sport she is participating in it would still be inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Dude she's 16!

She can marry in Spain at 16.

We're not in Spain!

It is an excerpt form a sporting event in Spain that was transmitted on at least one sports network, recorded by a professional TV outside broadcast network.
    If she is happy to wear what she did and the local authorities have no issue with her wearing such attire when taking part, then why should we censor it, this isn't Saudi Arabia or some Puritan culture.

Ever since I checked that pole vaulting video, my youtube feed is full of videos of Athletes wearing short shorts,
    There seem to be several dedicated channels for them!

It is an excerpt form a sporting event in Spain that was transmitted on at least one sports network, recorded by a professional TV outside broadcast network.
    If she is happy to wear what she did and the local authorities have no issue with her wearing such attire when taking part, then why should we censor it, this isn't Saudi Arabia or some Puritan culture.

No it isn't Saudi Arabia or some Puritan culture, it is Ireland and we have child protect laws in this country. Are you actually seeing the issue here and willing to stand-by and enable users to view and look at children in sexual manner?

It being on YouTube not much can done about it, that is YouTube's problem. It being on and shared on boards everything can be done to remove it. This is one of those times where the concern that is raised is valid. If the girl in the Video was 18 it would still be inappropriate but would be a cause for thought but she is not 18, she 16 going on 17. 17 still doesn't make it appropriate content for boards btw. We are all adults here and should know better! Me having to even explain this is mind-boggling stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

No it isn't Saudi Arabia or some Puritan culture, it is Ireland and we have child protect laws in this country. Are you actually seeing the issue here and willing to stand-by and enable users to view and look at children in sexual manner?

It being on YouTube not much can done about it, that is YouTube's problem. It being on and shared on boards everything can be done to remove it. This is one of those times where the concern that is raised is valid. If the girl in the Video was 18 it would still be inappropriate but would be a cause for thought but she is not 18, she 16 going on 17. 17 still doesn't make it appropriate content for boards btw. We are all adults here and should know better! Me having to even explain this is mind-boggling stupid.

What about all the 16 year old's on here? Does your moral judgement all them to appreciate the video?

• Advertisement

Wombatman wrote: »
    What about all the 16 year old's on here? Does your moral judgement all them to appreciate the video?

Bullshit... All the 16 year old's on here?? First off what 16 year old's? There is vary few if any. Secondly the person who posted the video has a join date of 2005, that would place him or her in an age bracket above 30 or 40.

The overwhelming majority of people on boards are mature, should be posting appropriate content for their age group (for the most part) and should know better. It has nothing to do with morals or what is ethically viable in other countries. By the same logic shown in the thread here if the girl in the video was filmed and from Nigeria and was 12 years old this would be acceptable by the current standards that are being shown here?!

She is not 18 so therefor under Irish law this is not acceptable in any shape or form. Any parent or capable adult would realise that.

Advertisement