Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm usually not that selective about the people I piss off. It's a gift I have... :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Check the signature : we should organize our societies along the lines of the lobsters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Check the signature : we should organize our societies along the lines of the lobsters

JF Carpio? I still don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    JF Carpio? I still don't get it

its just the guys twitter account, Ive never figured out how to embed twitter photos

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jordan 199 wrote: »

"You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

"You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"
    I wish I mentioned that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

What do you reckon happened to the trunk of the tree , it was probably too big to easily saw into planks, way too big to split ... Do you reckon it just got burnt ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't know, I don't think "easily" would've been a concern to them, considering the amount of work and the time they invested in felling it. Ship's mast, church roof beam, bridge, etc? If they'd wanted to burn it they'd still would've had to chop it into smaller pieces, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

New Home wrote: »
    264305.jpg

I know that girl, her name is Rose.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

New Home wrote: »
    595210.jpg
    Stir fry half of them in butter, with some mushrooms, so there's garlicky burnt crunchy bits too.

Defo a typo in the recipe. Nothing could need just one clove, ever.

Garlic is very good for stress. Once you have it seeping out of your pores annoying people tend to keep away from you.

Mmmmmmh... garlic sooooouuuuup...

Mmmmmmh, roasted, caramelised garliiiiic....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

What's the funny with the blank rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

NBTD wrote: »

Guessing the disclaimer that dangerous at close range

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

It's a prank on the shooter. They'll not be able to hit the target.
    NBTD wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 39,286 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

fritzelly wrote: »

Blanks are dangerous at close range. The charge still release gas down the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Stir fry half of them in butter, with some mushrooms, so there's garlicky burnt crunchy bits too.

Defo a typo in the recipe. Nothing could need just one clove, ever.

Garlic is very good for stress. Once you have it seeping out of your pores annoying people tend to keep away from you.

I don't like garlic, so I don't cook with it myself. I made a chicken dinner from a recipe book for my wife once, she ate it and said it was very garlicky. She asked how much garlic did I use, I said 2 cloves, as per the recipe. Turns out what I thought was a clove was a bulb... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

The “seaward” one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

C U Next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

IrishZeus wrote: »
    The “seaward” one?

The C word one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Never clicked. I’ll go hang my head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

maudgonner wrote: »
    529037.JPG

Unbelievably, this is the blurb on Virgin Media's job adverts - it's on two ads that are live right now. Only anti-maskers need apply, I guess :eek:

It obviously means a metaphorical mask. As in you dont need a corporate persona, just be yourself.

It obviously means a metaphorical mask. As in you don't need a corporate persona, just be yourself.
    Unlike so many US firms who want to eliminate your personality completely and replace with the "corporate mask".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

It obviously means a metaphorical mask. As in you dont need a corporate persona, just be yourself.

Yes, I'm aware. But I would have thought that in the current atmosphere any HR department would have avoided such a phrase like...ahem.. the plague.

Maybe they didn't know how to spell façade. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

More power to companies not worrying about what some people will choose to be offended by, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BbSean

Yes, I'm aware. But I would have thought that in the current atmosphere any HR department would have avoided such a phrase like...ahem.. the plague.

It’s the 110% that gets me.

It's best to avoid any HR department like the plague under "normal" conditions, let alone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,286 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't see what's wrong with using the phrase mask in other contexts, despite the current climate.
    If anything your "unbelievably...anti-maskers" reaction is a far more in appropriate given internet gullibility is at an all time high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

fritzelly wrote: »
    :confused::confused:
    But they are dangerous at close range?!

Advertisement