Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

joujoujou wrote: »

Different bridge, but if you don't know about the famously-low bridge in Durham, North Carolina - enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/c/yovo68/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Where was the picture of the fake ponytail? I have a weird need to see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Hello, I’m........what? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

117178903.jpg?content-type=image%2Fjpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

For years I thought that was Neil young. I’d say he nearly did himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

wally79 wrote: »
    For years I thought that was Neil young. I’d say he nearly did himself
    Yep, me too!
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The song's resemblance to some of Neil Young's work aroused some controversy. "I know that virtually everyone, on first hearing, assumed it was Neil", Bunnell says. "I never fully shied away from the fact that I was inspired by him. I think it's in the structure of the song as much as in the tone of his voice. It did hurt a little, because we got some pretty bad backlash. I've always attributed it more to people protecting their own heroes more than attacking me." By coincidence, it was "A Horse with No Name" that replaced Young's "Heart of Gold" at the number 1 spot on the U.S. pop chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Samsung - we don't sell things separately
    Not sure what I'm missing here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Samsung - we don't sell things separately
    Not sure what I'm missing here

Apple announced recently that their new phone won't come with a charger or headphones, that was Samsung's response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

You've clearly never played GTA:SA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Some of those posts in YLYL like https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115026666&postcount=7171 are just so crap why would anyone even bother sharing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I've about 20 posts on this thread. Each has gained 2-43 thanks, although most were between 7 and 25.

Somethings that some people find funny other people don't fin funny. Something posted one day might be hilarious, another day appalling, depending on the collective mood and zeitgeist.

Something can't be funny if we don't experiment at being funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

On a slightly related note I recently discovered why a try is called a try

In the early days of the game only points from conversions counted, going over the line with the ball would give you a "try" at the conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Definitely should be a filtering system for the shite ones. If any don't have over 10 thanks by 12pm (up to a 2 hour mark before 12pm) each day they get moved to the YLYW thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'm not sure the time it'd take to add that feature to boards vs. the time it takes to just scroll past a post would be worth it. Try Reddit or Imgur if you want the funniest most upvoted memes filtered that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

If one person finds it funny enough to post then that should be enough to qualify it

We don’t need humour police

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If I post anything and somebody finds it funny great, if not I don't care to much. Next post. Having somebody flag something as funny or not is a waste of time. Humour is subjective - don't like it? Dont laugh and move on.

GBX wrote: »
    If I post anything and somebody finds it funny great, if not I don't care to much. Next post. Having somebody flag something as funny or not is a waste of time. Humour is subjective - don't like it? Dont laugh and move on.

Obviously you saw my humour in the previous post as objective :eek:

Obviously you saw my humour in the previous post as objective :eek:

I saw nothing.. Selfie I took earlier

PartnerProject-Don-IMG.jpg

You have a beautiful coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I saw nothing.. Selfie I took earlier

PartnerProject-Don-IMG.jpg

How do you know that's you?

• Advertisement

How do you know that's you?

My guide cat told me. Viscous little chap

I thought that we had the Humour Police role fairly well removed by

530297.JPG

I thought that we had the Humour Police role fairly well removed by

530297.JPG
    Don't get too comfortable in the back seat there! :P

Don't get too comfortable in the back seat there! :P

Honestly not. Purely in a chat capacity, seeing as everyone is actively discussing what should/not be in the thread, highlighting that this had obviously been discussed before.

That is why I phrase it as a thought that I am open to correction on, and not a diktat

Honestly not. Purely in a chat capacity, seeing as everyone is actively discussing what should/not be in the thread, highlighting that this had obviously been discussed before.

That is why I phrase it as a thought that I am open to correction on, and not a diktat

I know, hence the :p
    But the point about humour being subjective still stands and no one wants the "humour police" deciding what's funny or not.
    Except when it is offensive etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Thought it had to be WWN satire, but no, just another thick skanger jackass...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/man-who-loses-bag-with-40-000-of-cocaine-rings-garda%C3%AD-to-report-it-missing-1.4389217

(Suspended sentence for a change.)

122428207_10159087503023322_6823706411104697928_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=HF_nsStLDLkAX-bXTVx&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e8f9ead2b1930e691a0e6ce7bda3f0bc&oe=5FB76315

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Wilberto wrote: »
    Gritter McGrittyface

That was their ooooold one. These are brand new.

They should call it John Wayne
    True Grit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

They should call it John Wayne
    True Grit

Gritty gritty bang bang

Advertisement