Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't get it.

Men are (always) right. :D:pac:

I think it's either just a cool design or a pointy out thingy! :D
    I would say a cool design to combine the two words like that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Crosswords.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I saw 2 extra letters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Discussed above - most popular answer - men are always right

Wow... that is sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,287 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Wow... that is sad!

Whoosh!

I think it's either just a cool design or a pointy out thingy!
    I would say a cool design to combine the two words like that.
    Looks to me like it's a wayfinding sign. Like directions towards the bathroom.
    Kinda surprised that there was confusion.

Mellor wrote: »
    Looks to me like it's a wayfinding sign. Like directions towards the bathroom.
    Kinda surprised that there was confusion.

Well yeah I get that. But I don't find junction signs on motorways funny either so was wondering what I'm missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,287 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Well yeah I get that. But I don't find junction signs on motorways funny either so was wondering what I'm missing.

Ah ok, I assumed it came from Cool Pics or something and not YLYL.
    Confusion makes a bit more sense in that case :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

See, the problem is that you're expecting YLYL to be funny. More and more recently it just isn't.

The advice is that if you don't find it funny, don't laugh.

I used to laugh a lot in YLYL threads, not so much now. Maybe all the funny has been used up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

See, the problem is that you're expecting YLYL to be funny. More and more recently it just isn't.

I used to laugh a lot in YLYL threads, not so much now. Maybe all the funny has been used up.

abe-simpson.gif

Humour is subjective, many of the "funniest" images these days get reported as offensive as they target certain groups or individuals, in the past they would have been OK, but not these days as too many people have "woke" and are too easily offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Humour is subjective, many of the "funniest" images these days get reported as offensive as they target certain groups or individuals, in the past they would have been OK, but not these days as too many people have "woke" and are too easily offended.

Or maybe these people aren't "woke" and believe in justice and fairness. Maybe the 'joke' is just sickeningly racist or sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Or maybe these people aren't "woke" and believe in justice and fairness. Maybe the 'joke' is just sickeningly racist or sexist.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b366a37acfede33049bff7569de86227a4816cf1&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

abe-simpson.gif

Yeah, that might be closer to the mark than you think. I'm off to shake my fist at a cloud for the day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

but not these days as too many people have "woke" and are too easily offended.

Christ I hate that term "Woke". That and "Cancelled" etc. They make my eyeball twitch. (But then I am very old :) )

Regarding the recent political posts on YLYL. I suppose people are just concerned that these posts normally cause a tit-for-tat response chain

Christ I hate that term "Woke". That and "Cancelled" etc. They make my eyeball twitch. (But then I am very old :) )

Regarding the recent political posts on YLYL. I suppose people are just concerned that these posts normally cause a tit-for-tat response chain

Yeah, we created a "safe space" for the US election picture war.
    The real issue is that some people are continually pushing back on the line between funny and offensive. Soon we could end up with a situation where it becomes so heavily censored that we cannot allow anything at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Yeah, we created a "safe space" for the US election picture war.
    The real issue is that some people are continually pushing back on the line between funny and offensive. Soon we could end up with a situation where it becomes so heavily censored that we cannot allow anything at all!

Hmmm. Personally, I've only ever reported one post and that was a picture of a running naked girl who was screaming with third degree burns. A well-known 'wannabe edgy' poster inserted a running man next to her as a 'joke'. So, if a I find a post offensive due to race, sexuality, gender etc. I don't report it, I just think the poster is a clown. However, I'm white, Irish, male, straight and content in my gender. If I were a transexual person and saw a "funny" meme mocking transexual people, then I would report it. Similarly if I was e.g. black, gay, Chinese, etc. Perspective is everything.

Yep expectation ruins everything :D

• Advertisement

You know I don't find a massive log in a toilet the size of a babies arm funny but that's just me. Especially seeing something like that while munching on a Mini Cadburys Swiss Roll... Unless of course it was well thought out and the person posting such a thing was expecting someone to be munching on a Mini Cadburys Swiss Roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

You know I don't find a massive log in a toilet the size of a babies arm funny but that's just me. Especially seeing something like that while munching on a Mini Cadburys Swiss Roll... Unless of course it was well thought out and the person posting such a thing was expecting someone to be munching on a Mini Cadburys Swiss Roll.

Fed up of waffles?

josip wrote: »
    Fed up of waffles?

That's the trouble with most people they tend to believe the first thing they read!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Comic timing.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

fritzelly wrote: »

Looks like the cat from The Matrix, signifying deja vu. Guessing someone double-posted, but has since deleted?

dajavu.... it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Looks like the cat from The Matrix, signifying deja vu. Guessing someone double-posted, but has since deleted?

Its back again....

https://matrix.fandom.com/wiki/Black_cat

gozunda wrote: »
    I think someone is trying to be ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Latin puns on the thread now.

Much better!

Advertisement