Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

inforfun wrote: »
    Yeah... but you are not allowed to swim there.
    (I may have just made that up)

Yep, that's right, and that's because the water is so cold you'd catch Neumonia. :pac:

*gets coat and swimming togs*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I actually almost drowned in the Adriatic when i was 7 and snorkling
    This after i almost drowned in a swimming pool in Austria age 4 and fell in the deep end

And i really like swimming and became pretty good at it once i had some swimming lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

New Home wrote: »
    It looks like a KKKed Donal Trump signature. At least, that's what it looked like to me.

Didn't recognise it as The Don's hand scribble

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Didn't recognise it as The Don's hand scribble

trump-signature-16x-9_colorcorrected.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,599 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109759305&postcount=1113

I'd gladly rehome him at mine, it'd be a pleasure.

The kitten, I meant the kitten.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Whats with the EU flag/copyright notice ones?

Were they posted as is (if so, why?) or are posts really being removed and replaced with the notice (if so, why?)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's something that will be voted on in the next few weeks - if you can't prove you're authorised to post something by its author, then you're infringing copyright. It would apply to both individuals and to sites where the content is posted, IIRC. Look up Article 13, Wikipedia had a whole banner/screen dedicated to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Brian Regan: Inventions intrigue me, I was reading about the Walkie Talkie and I...

Inventions intrigue me, I was reading about the Walkie Talkie and I read it was a military invention, that surprised me, usually military stuff has strong names you know Apache Helicopter, Tomahawk missile. ...Walkie Talkie? How did that slip through the system? Was a general talking to some guy? "What do you have there soldier?" Well it's a new communication device that's untethered which will enable the troops to speak effectively when they're in the field. "What's it called?" Walkie Talkie. Look I'm walkie and I'm talkie. Now you walkie and talkie general. I'm walkie and talkie, are you walkie and talkie? "I like it solder, what's this explosive device?" The Wammy Kablammy and this is the Rooty Tooty Aim and Shooty.

link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOOkH-bZQyk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The evacuation of Belfast is nearly complete!

This wan is auditioning for F F?

• Advertisement

Oops!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

vt9qVW9.jpg?1

Original content is nice. This is very derivative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Unexpected Item in Bagging area on YLYL?

What am I missing ? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

major bill wrote: »
    Unexpected Item in Bagging area on YLYL?

What am I missing ? :o

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquistion"

Monty Phyton joke

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquistion"

Monty Phyton joke

EVERYBODY expected the Spanish Inquisition - they were legally obliged to give 30 days notice :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

teFE49s.jpg

This has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in this thread. I'm amazed or does not have more likes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

toilet humour :rolleyes:

toilet humour :rolleyes:
    Could be worse, some places have no privacy at all.
    It really doesn't matter whether you shít left, right or centre.
    omeezm6ot7d11.jpg

Is that in a prison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Is that in a prison?

Supermacs Roscommon.

so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

6637_a27c_960.jpeg

I think this is my favourite cartoon sketch ever! So cool. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Inflatable panda bear sled - literally not gonna kill the kids if it hit them but love the Dad mode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

rAEjea6m.jpg

I actually checked this. Tarzan still has picture books that belonged to his parents. (in the novel, anyway)
    But of these things Tarzan did not think. He was worried because he had not clothing to indicate to all the jungle folks that he was a man and not an ape, and grave doubt often entered his mind as to whether he might not yet become an ape.

Was not hair commencing to grow upon his face? All the apes had hair upon theirs but the black men were entirely hairless, with very few exceptions.

True, he had seen pictures in his books of men with great masses of hair upon lip and cheek and chin, but, nevertheless, Tarzan was afraid. Almost daily he whetted his keen knife and scraped and whittled at his young beard to eradicate this degrading emblem of apehood.

And so he learned to shave—rudely and painfully, it is true—but, nevertheless, effectively.

goose2005 wrote: »
    I actually checked this. Tarzan still has picture books that belonged to his parents. (in the novel, anyway)
    Full text : https://www.gutenberg.org/files/78/78-h/78-h.htm
    Chapter XIII His Own Kind

Caution may contain racism and big words.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Caution may contain racism and big words.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

How come that works in this thread but I have to follow the link to see animation in the one below?

MOD:
    Please dont quote. Especially gifs. Think about the poor mobile phone users and their data.
    To answer your question....
    Probably a codec thing.
    Originally these things are all mp4 videos and there are different codecs to create mp4's i suppose.

And oh, please dont chat either, there is a chat thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

@sickboy

I use Imagcus chrome extension on the desktop that allows you to hover the mouse and the gif just plays

Obligigif

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

If a .mp4 has a low enough size it should convert to .gif

Advertisement