Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Treppen wrote: »
    More knitters gone loco in lockdown

540947.jpg

This just reminds me of the Rimini Riddle, and the childhood trauma associated with that show!
    049_20a420f6855cf319a7faa7727a0e92580803dc0e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

de841c7a-ab20-4b5c-b9da-71fe69dd536b.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

See, you're talkin bullsh*t. Didn't Jurassic Park teach you ANYTHING? They travel in hers. To help each other hunt..... and put on sandals. It's called evolution. Hello!!!

Now, wait a minute, there. It's clear you haven't thought it through. How were they doing that, exactly? By lifting their legs? They'd have toppled over. Would the helper TRex have had to bend down to the helpee's feet? Arms still too short, even if the helpee had put its foot on the helper's bended knee. Not a chance. Now, if you had said they were wearing slip-ons, then fine, that'd have been entirely plausible 'cause they could have used one of those long shoe horns with the back scratcher on the other end to put them on. But socks? Pft! Do me a favour!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

New Home wrote: »
    Now, wait a minute, there. It's clear you haven't thought it through. How were they doing that, exactly? By lifting their legs? They'd have toppled over. Would the helper TRex have had to bend down to the helpee's feet? Arms still too short, even if the helpee had put its foot on the helper's bended knee. Not a chance. Now, if you had said they were wearing slip-ons, then fine, that'd have been entirely plausible 'cause they could have used one of those long shoe horns with the back scratcher on the other end to put them on. But socks? Pft! Do me a favour!

I can see you put a lot of thought into this after all and defer to your knowledge :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:cool:

I've always known, deep down, that not having a life would pay off, one day. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Pffttttt, come on, think outside your conventional little boxes. They clearly use this for socks :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Oh, you mean like this?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116037216&postcount=2163

And where would they have plugged in the airbrush, pray tell?

Oh, you mean like this?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116037216&postcount=2163

And where would they have plugged in the airbrush, pray tell?

Must try harder ;)

Well, uhm, ok, fine. I'll concede that that could be a viable theory.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116061360&postcount=8707
    At least it's not gonna cost you an arm and a leg.

• Advertisement

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116061360&postcount=8707
    At least it's not gonna cost you an arm and a leg.

Obviously a cocker spaniel :)

Lorena Bobbitt's pooch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭vh4sd

The lifesavers will do a head count soon to see if Wally was kidnapped by a dolphin ... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

541085.jpg

Any ideas what this one is about? Has me stumped...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116065513&postcount=8718

If it's anything like what's used in humans, then it was more likely a cattle prod up the Khyber Pass.

[Stalin image]

I can only assume it is to do with COVID lockdown restrictions, stuff that Communist governments around the world would consider normal control of populations.

Any ideas what this one is about? Has me stumped...

I think it's about how long the lockdowns are going on.
    Back in March when lockdowns first started, people couldn't travel and shelves in shops were empty, the communism comparison was made.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

josip wrote: »
    I think it's about how long the lockdowns are going on.
    Back in March when lockdowns first started, people couldn't travel and shelves in shops were empty, the communism comparison was made.

Shelves in what shops? We never ran out of toilet paper either despite the panic buying

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Shelves in what shops? We never ran out of toilet paper either despite the panic buying
    We never ran out either and never panic bought, so were lucky that there was some when we needed it, but did see empty shelves in several local shops for about 3-4 weeks around March.

• Advertisement

Most types of flour were unavailable for weeks; I think there was only self-raising sometimes.
    That was in Lidl Shankill/Sallynoggin, Aldi Sallynoggin, Tesco Ballybrack.
    At the same time there was a separate issue with egg supply which meant there was a very limited supply of those also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hardly starvation:D:pac:

The vegan shelves remained fully stocked! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The vegan shelves remained fully stocked! :D

Nothing edible on those though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Well, speak for yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Suckit wrote: »
    MoXewJv.jpg

Don’t think I’d fancy yogurt from a Fanny.

GBX wrote: »
    Shortest international bridge

Wikipedia says that's a myth.

Also there's this: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.0691889,-6.6650266,3a,75y,113.72h,87.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXyJGFNwrSm7R8qemSid4Aw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

:pac: Probably even shorter bridges along the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Wikipedia says that's a myth.

Also there's this: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.0691889,-6.6650266,3a,75y,113.72h,87.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXyJGFNwrSm7R8qemSid4Aw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

:pac: Probably even shorter bridges along the border.

It gets better.

The island owners play up to the myth by hanging flags on the bridge - the image that was put up has those flags in it, and is claiming that the side with the Candian flag is American, and vice versa

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/Zavikon_Island%28s%29_L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Spinning chair on trailer.
    vh4sd wrote: »
    And this is how you get brain damage - if you don't have it already.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    Spinning chair on trailer.
    And this is how you get brain damage - if you don't have it already.
    Well, considering the fact that he is wearing a red cap (MAGA?) he may already have it. :pac: :P

Advertisement