Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

WTF is this ... any further info??
    Vn1aeN7.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

WTF is this ... any further info??
    It's either the heaviest plane or the fastest ship.

It's a LUN class Ekranoplan

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It is Russian so it can be anything you want it to be.

inforfun wrote: »
    It is Russian so it can be anything you want it to be.

Does it even lift, brah?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Reminds me of one of Miyazaki's earliest creations.
    future-boy-conan-aircraft.jpg?w=1280

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Does it even lift, brah?

About 4 meters.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lun-class_ekranoplan

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

otnomart wrote: »
    space-programme-heyokyay-comic.png

It takes less delta-V to eject them from the solar system altogether.

Dropping them into a volcano is even cheaper and doable with today's technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Evolution of the gun mouse trap

They're gonna need a bigger one in OZ.

o0JBYymm.jpg

What's the boiling point of polypropylene ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

A quick google says its around 120-132°C...which is good news I suppose as the water in the kettle should boil before the PP does!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is polypropylene also the cover of all the wires? I foresee a cuppa with an unusual aroma...

New Home wrote: »
    Is polypropylene also the cover of all the wires? I foresee a cuppa with an unusual aroma...

Probably PVC which is really yuckie if it melts or catches fire.

Well if it catches fire the water in the pot (or in the kettle) would put it out... so it'd be grand.

Talking about the smell of burning plastic, I still remember the stench coming from the bakelite pot handles when my grandmother used to leave the flame too high on the cooker. Toxic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Well if it catches fire the water in the pot (or in the kettle) would put it out... so it'd be grand.

Talking about the smell of burning plastic, I still remember the stench coming from the bakelite pot handles when my grandmother used to leave the flame too high on the cooker. Toxic stuff.

Don't be so stupid. That water would be hot. You'd need cold water to put it out. Lads, people are so tick. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Don't be so stupid. That water would be hot. You'd need cold water to put it out. Lads, people are so tick. :D

Haha. You forgot the sarcasm tag.

Hot water is actually more efficient than cold water at dousing flames as it turns to steam faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

What am I missing on the snake/guitar/shredding one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

IrishZeus wrote: »

Twitter?

BattleCorp wrote: »

But of course! Thanks for setting me strate, I can tell you've went to collage.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

q2ice wrote: »
    Haha. You forgot the sarcasm tag.

Hot water is actually more efficient than cold water at dousing flames as it turns to steam faster.
    What if I used ice water?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Firefighters use "wetter" water to put out fires because it's better than regular water

(Actually true)

https://thebrainmaze.com/firefighters-use-wetting-agents-to-make-water-wetter/

Victor wrote: »

What a sublime idea!

(see what I did there?)

"Funny"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

IrishZeus wrote: »

Am guessing it has something to do with snakes shedding and the person who make the cartoon confused shredding with shedding. :confused:
    Shredding is a playing style on guitar

Victor wrote: »
    What if you used dry ice ?

Doesn't apply as it can only used by Rock Stars or second level science teachers, by law.

Doesn't apply as it can only used by Rock Stars or second level science teachers, by law.

trimester.png

Did you know you can just BUY lab coats?

Loophole !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Dry Ice should be the name of Smirn Off's non-alcoholic range

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

611789.jpg

Is there a similar one for drinking - When you're not thirsty... ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Suckit wrote: »
    Is there a similar one for drinking - When you're not thirsty... ?

Yes....ALCOHOLISM :D

Advertisement