Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

Wilberto wrote: »
    That's the easy part! Just bring a Dyson.

Dyson is such poor quality that they can't maintain a vacuum at standard pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

No, I've gone a totally different route, mine skirts just past the west coast of the Faroe Islands, and comes nowhere near Iceland

It's also based on the technicality that the Arctic isn't a country, even though you could count it as 'land' that has to be crossed on-foot

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lads (and lasses), the post mentioned sailing to Australia. You couldn't possibly sail through Earth, there wouldn't be enough water to keep the ship afloat, and probably not enough wind for the sails. Duh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Also, the remake of Total Recall with Colin Farrell was a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

New Home wrote: »
    Lads (and lasses), the post mentioned sailing to Australia. You couldn't possibly sail through Earth, there wouldn't be enough water to keep the ship afloat, and probably not enough wind for the sails. Duh.

The writers of the movie The Core would like to have a word with you

• Advertisement

Well, that's obviously fiction, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

what are the Arlene posts about in YLYL?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭josip

NBTD wrote: »
    what are the Arlene posts about in YLYL?

Poots, the creationist guy who stabbed her in the back, has had to resign as DUP leader after 21 days because he misjudged the room.
    She sent a tweet today that shows she's enjoying it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117453533&postcount=1383

No one should be using such weak passwords these days.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117453533&postcount=1383

No one should be using such weak passwords these days.
    They wouldn't be part of the password, but part of the security questions to reset it if "you" "lost" it.

• Advertisement

They wouldn't be part of the password, but part of the security questions to reset it if "you" "lost" it.
    Yeah that's true, when I lose them I just use the reset button and get it reset, anyway I never answer those "bait" questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

1024full-jemima-puddle--duck.jpg

DuckDuckGo fraud squad ???

0470_4644.gif

Aren't those fennecs?!? I hope they're kept for rehabilitiation and aren't pets.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

1024full-jemima-puddle--duck.jpg

Where was that posted? Honestly one of the most watchable videos ever. Move over cat videos - that is awesome. Who knew ducks would be my fowl play! :eek:

Edit: Was posting to the gif and not the pic

Edit #2: Who knew that if you clicked on the blue arrow beside the posters name it would link straight to the post. It was cool vids, pics and links.
    Awesome capn midnight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kat1170 wrote: »
    DuckDuckGo fraud squad ???

Go Go Duck !

FfGydezV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

fritzelly wrote: »

I was so relieved that the video didn't end with them flying to their doom!

fritzelly wrote: »

Probably diesel engine

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

doq6ZzbW.jpg

Simples, it's a teddy bear picnic!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

boombang wrote: »
    Screenshot-20210620-221200.jpg

I'm holding my hand up here and going to say this hurts my head. Yer wan replying to Shapiro is obviously being sarcastic. Is Ben Shapiro being sarcastic as well or is he actually giving out that no one said crime should be banned. Is he that dense?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm holding my hand up here and going to say this hurts my head. Yer wan replying to Shapiro is obviously being sarcastic. Is Ben Shapiro being sarcastic as well or is he actually giving out that no one said crime should be banned. Is he that dense?

No idea. It doesn't make sense to me either. I assume there is further context here that we don't know about.
    What is bodegas?

The way I read it is, 1. Sam Raskin (wry) ; 2. Ben Shapiro, sarcastically. 3. Fairy Godmother, agreeing with Ben and carrying on in the same tone; 4.adi, completely missing the point.

But maybe I'm the one who's missed the point...

Edited to add: I think 1. meant it as "Hey, look at these politicians pretending to be tough guys and banning completely harmless things, so they can give the impression they're working hard while not doing anything at all. Think Chief Wiggum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The way I read it is, 1. Sam Raskin (wry) ; 2. Ben Shapiro, sarcastically. 3. Fairy Godmother, agreeing with Ben and carrying on in the same tone; 4.adi, completely missing the point.

But maybe I'm the one who's missed the point...

Who are Wiley, Donovan and Morales? US politicians?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Bodega being a supermarket type shop?

Not sure about the other two, but Evo Morales was a Bolivian politician. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evo_Morales

A bodega is like a corner shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Screenshot-2021-06-21-at-15-40-08.png

Okay, so more context added here. Jesus, that Ben Shapiro is a right fúcktard.

• Advertisement

I'm beginning to wonder, were those actual laws they passed?

EDIT: NVM.

Advertisement