Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    What is bodegas?
    A corner shop. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodega_(store)
    New Home wrote: »
    The way I read it is, 1. Sam Raskin (wry) ;
    Yes, in a "Those are first world problems" kind of way.
    2. Ben Shapiro, sarcastically.
    Was being a 'conservative political commentator'. Of course, crimes are already illegal. Otherwise they wouldn't be crimes.
    3. Fairy Godmother, agreeing with Ben and carrying on in the same tone;
    Disagreeing with Shapiro and parodying him.
    =4.adi, completely missing the point.
    Correct. Making the same mistake as Shapiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Who are Wiley, Donovan and Morales? US politicians?

New York Mayoral Candidates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

New York Mayoral Candidates.

Jaysus. I think I am too thick for YLYL these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Jaysus. I think I am too thick for YLYL these days

Wouldn't have ever figured it out without Googling their names together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I'm holding my hand up here and going to say this hurts my head. Yer wan replying to Shapiro is obviously being sarcastic. Is Ben Shapiro being sarcastic as well or is he actually giving out that no one said crime should be banned. Is he that dense?

To be honest I didn't give the initial Shapiro too much thought as it simply seemed silly. It was the stupidity of. Adi's reply that I thought was funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Shapiro is a dope, tbf. This is his take on Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallions' WAP (the lyrics to which he read out on air); "This is what the feminist movement is all about. It's not really about women being treated as independent, full-rounded human beings. It's about wet a-- p-word. And if you say anything differently, it's because you're a misogynist, you see."

He later tweeted that women who actually had a WAP, should seek medical help as his physician wife confirmed to him that it wasn't healthy.

m17 wrote: »
    bxygmqW.jpg

Urine?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Shapiro is a dope, tbf. This is his take on Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallions' WAP (the lyrics to which he read out on air); "This is what the feminist movement is all about. It's not really about women being treated as independent, full-rounded human beings. It's about wet a-- p-word. And if you say anything differently, it's because you're a misogynist, you see."

He later tweeted that women who actually had a WAP, should seek medical help as his physician wife confirmed to him that it wasn't healthy.

I am definitely getting old. I have no idea what this post is about.
    Can we start with WAP? What is this?
    I will then try and figure out the rest of the post.

I got that you think Shapiro is a dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I am definitely getting old. I have no idea what this post is about.
    Can we start with WAP? What is this?
    I will then try and figure out the rest of the post.

I got that you think Shapiro is a dope.

WAP is a song, it stands for wet ass pussy.

Ok.
    I know Cardi B but Megan thee stallions?

So he is criticising a songs ridiculous lyrics and conflating that with feminism yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ok.
    I know Cardi B but Megan thee stallions?

So he is criticising a songs ridiculous lyrics and conflating that with feminism yes?

This was the funniest part for me.

For the avoidance of doubt, it is "Wet-ass pussy".

Punctuation matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Victor wrote: »
    For the avoidance of doubt, it is "Wet-ass pussy".

Punctuation matters.

Makes it sound so much better

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is a woman who admitted to drugging and robbing people. Truly an inspiration for our times

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

This is a woman who admitted to drugging and robbing people. Truly an inspiration for our times

aR6klHr.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

#BritlerYouth

It's just a distraction while they try to privatise Channel 4 for the money or because it's news takes the govt to account some of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

vUf9TP5B.jpg

Ah yes, the moral of the story: don't get out of bed early.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe he had on a pair of those trousers with the zip on the side... maybe... or it was an emergency because the zip broke/he spilled water down the front while washing his hands/etc.... maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

otnomart wrote: »

Okay, I know humour is subjective. But, WTF, is the joke on the reader?

Okay, I know humour is subjective. But, WTF, is the joke on the reader?

Reminds me of Breaking Bad

Reminds me of Breaking Bad

Need to be on serious drugs to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Maybe he had on a pair of those trousers with the zip on the side... maybe... or it was an emergency because the zip broke/he spilled water down the front while washing his hands/etc.... maybe.

For all of us that have now looked at a closeup of Trump's crotch as a result of this post, you may like to know that bleach is halfprice in Aldi at the moment - you will need vast quantities to cleanse the image from your eyeballs.

* Not effective to cleanse the image from your mind. Nothing is that powerful.

** Bleach is not an effective treatment for Covid, no matter what Donald claimed.

Or, to put it another way...

The_18de4e_1334986.jpg

Need to be on serious drugs to get it?

I was repeatedly told it was a 'slow burner' and to stick with it. Finally gave up on it on season 4. Rubbish

I was repeatedly told it was a 'slow burner' and to stick with it. Finally gave up on it on season 4. Rubbish

Oh really, I gave up halfway through season 1 - thinking all along if only I'd have stayed with it longer I'd have found out how good everyone else found it. :eek::pac:

You saved yourself a lot of hours. Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm curious as to what you would deem a good show...

Advertisement