Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110319883&postcount=6395

Should be in the "Not For The Squeamish" thread, I am still twitching here.

That'as actually made me feel sick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

FFS lads, you could have at least put up a NSFW tag.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110319883&postcount=6395

Should be in the "Not For The Squeamish" thread, I am still twitching here.

That has to be an uniquely Irish grammar contraction - tbh it's fairly common ;)

Example: Used as part of a friendly greeting etc

"Theiyr're ya bunch of gob****es" ... :pac:

4098_3d7f_420.jpeg
    Making meme ≠ Procrastination :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

6xoIhZH.jpg
    Wow, even Ken M gave his seal of approval to this! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

New Home wrote: »
    Wow, even Ken M gave his seal of approval to this! :)
    Ken M is a legend. My favourite post of his was when they were going to reclassify Pluto as a planet and he said we should let Pluto back in as there aren't enough resources and people lost their minds trying to explain it to him :D

^^^ I meant to say shouldn't let Pluto back in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

9996_59b1.jpeg

I'm handy enough at maths, but this has me...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

astrofluff wrote: »

Maybe the idea is that it gives you a headache?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

astrofluff wrote: »

Two professors are at a restaurant, arguing about the state of education today. "Nobody learns calculus anymore," lamented the first. "That's not true," replied the second, "it's part of the freshman curriculum."

"Okay, I'll tell you what," offered the first professor, "we'll ask the waitress a simple calculus question; if she gets it right, lunch is on me." The second professor agreed, but said, "But give me a minute, I have to use the bathroom, first."

So the second professor gets up and heads toward the restrooms. Before he gets there, though, he finds the waitress and says, "This may seem weird, but my colleague is going to ask you a question. When he does, I want you to say, 'x cubed over three', okay?" The waitress agrees, and the second professor returns to the table.

After a couple minutes, the waitress comes by to ask if everything is okay. The first professor asks her, "My friend and I were just discussing whether or not people bother to learn calculus anymore. Can you tell me, what's the integral of x squared?"

Dutifully, the waitress answers, "x cubed over three."

"Well I'll be, I guess you were right!" exclaims the first professor, "Looks like lunch is on me!"

Walking away, the waitress is heard to say, "Plus a constant..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Two professors are at a restaurant, arguing about the state of education today. "Nobody learns calculus anymore," lamented the first. "That's not true," replied the second, "it's part of the freshman curriculum."

"Okay, I'll tell you what," offered the first professor, "we'll ask the waitress a simple calculus question; if she gets it right, lunch is on me." The second professor agreed, but said, "But give me a minute, I have to use the bathroom, first."

So the second professor gets up and heads toward the restrooms. Before he gets there, though, he finds the waitress and says, "This may seem weird, but my colleague is going to ask you a question. When he does, I want you to say, 'x cubed over three', okay?" The waitress agrees, and the second professor returns to the table.

After a couple minutes, the waitress comes by to ask if everything is okay. The first professor asks her, "My friend and I were just discussing whether or not people bother to learn calculus anymore. Can you tell me, what's the integral of x squared?"

Dutifully, the waitress answers, "x cubed over three."

"Well I'll be, I guess you were right!" exclaims the first professor, "Looks like lunch is on me!"

Walking away, the waitress is heard to say, "Plus a constant..."

Oh, how we laughed! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

• Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm laughing too much at that one

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

RickBlaine wrote: »
    333efq.jpg
    Image represents Sottish people. Image likely shows one Australian-American and a bunch of Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Victor wrote: »
    Image represents Sottish people. Image likely shows one Australian-American and a bunch of Irish people.

Nearly spit my lunch across the table when I read this.

Victor wrote: »
    That's cultural appropriation :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Should have been posted in ‘You want, You lose’? I so want!!! :D
    Mr E wrote: »
    stNhBpM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

GLaDOS wrote: »
    an_apple_a_day.png
    Even the powerful, tart Granny Smith cultivar is proving ineffective against new Gran-negative doctors.

What kind of psycho posts an xkcd comic and doesn't include the title text/mouseover text? (It's usually the best part of the joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110404674&postcount=6638

Some of the actual CAPTCHA images are almost as obscure.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,599 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

@SolvableKnave

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110409925&postcount=8389

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/block-charge-twitter-meme-chapman

He has explained it a few times on Twitter, it still means nothing to me, but gives me daily laughs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

appleanche_graphic.jpg

There are people out there who pushing their limits looking for the most perfect tartest Granny Smith ever.

Oh to watch their faces when they first bite into a Bramley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Is there a similar diagram for onions? I love eating them just like an apple and I'm on the look out for the strongest one :o

my3cents wrote: »
    Is there a similar diagram for onions? I love eating them just like an apple and I'm on the look out for the strongest one :o

It's a bit early for Halloween but there is this

F1X1Z6KHEXSDMBI.LARGE.jpg

Caramelised onions? YUM!!! What's not to like?

(seriously, what's not to like?)

Capt'n, seriously... poor ickle mouse... :(

I wonder how long it took for the mouse to be dessicated enough to not trip the circuit breaker.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Capt'n, seriously... poor ickle mouse... :(
    Shouldn't think it felt a thing

Advertisement