Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I sincerely hope not... but I wouldn't like to test your theory all the same. :/

New Home wrote: »
    I sincerely hope not... but I wouldn't like to test your theory all the same. :/
    Had a similar experience at the weekend, the brushes in the angle grinder became stuck and the motor stopped.

So I unplugged it and took it to bits (like bigclive would) jiggled the brushes then tried to get the switch to free up as it was also sticking, then I realised it was still powered up! BZZZT!!

hB5E55177

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110412471&postcount=1987

Ouch!
    The first faller gave their head a big wallop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

fritzelly wrote: »

That's the cool gif thread, not the funny.
    I thought it was cool, especially on big screen. Very 3Dish, I watched it for way longer than I probably should have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Suckit wrote: »
    That's the cool gif thread, not the funny.
    I thought it was cool, especially on big screen. Very 3Dish, I watched it for way longer than I probably should have.

Ok, it was the Mars title that confused me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

I wonder how long it took for the mouse to be dessicated enough to not trip the circuit breaker.
    What an odd thought.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Worztron wrote: »
    What an odd thought.
    I wonder if Michael Clarke Duncan could have saved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I wonder if Michael Clarke Duncan could have saved it.
    Sure he went out the same way as that mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sure he went out the same way as that mouse!

Still too soon man.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d00ebd54b41423859ea1f8c&rid=giphy.gifgiphy.gif?cid=790b76115d00ebd94869376436b47766&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Trump pulling things from his nose ??

Well I suppose it makes a difference from pulling things from his arse :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I should delete that Trump post.
    It is a repost of my no 1 most thanked post :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Power's going to your head already, Inforfun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Power's going to your head already, Inforfun. :D

Not yet.
    1 or 2 forums more and i ll be ready to rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

MOD: <<SNIP>>

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

MOD: <<SNIP>>

MOD: Just a reminder, in case it's been forgotten, that mod actions should not be questioned on thread.

First is Indiana Jones, second is Riggs from Lethal Weapon i guess (Mad Max)?

Who are 3rd and 4th?
    482812.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Who are 3rd and 4th?

Patrick Swayze and Bruce Willis

Edit: Wrong! :(

See below for correct answer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Who are 3rd and 4th?

Kurt Russell and Bruce Willis

Thanks, but I mean who are they as action heroes?
    I always used to mix up Kirk Douglas and Mickey Rourke with those two.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Thanks, but I mean who are they as action heroes?
    I always used to mix up Kirk Douglas and Mickey Rourke with those two.. :o

Snake Plisskin and John McClane but that picture of Willis is from Moolighting

NVM, I skipped a page, apologies.

NVM, I skipped a page, apologies.

--> Ninja edit, edited the quote too?

:eek::o:o
    Okay... . Got that now... Yikes.

Snake Plisskin?
    Googling frantically....

Think I saw one of those. Don't think I would ever have got that. I think the one of them I remember, had the guy from Mortal Kombat in it,with the hat.

Okay, got it now...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Who are 3rd and 4th?
    Disapoint in those so called action heroes.

No Mad Max, no Snake Plissken, no ol' Jack Burton and the lad at the end is only moonlighting it.

[edit beaten to it by everyone :o]

--> Ninja edit, edited the quote too?

I didn't, actually, you must've clicked on "quote" the instant I clicked on "save". :)

I didn't, actually, you must've clicked on "quote" the instant I clicked on "save". :)
    Yeah, I knew it was done automatically, but the quote was above my text when I was typing, and as soon as I clicked 'submit reply' it changed.

So it was auto edited with yours. Who would have thunk we would come this far.. :) Technology..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Disapoint in those so called action heroes.

No Mad Max, no Snake Plissken, no ol' Jack Burton and the lad at the end is only moonlighting it.

[edit beaten to it by everyone :o]

Good old Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express.

Might be Tango from Tango and Cash as well though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That might be Bruce Willis from either Bonfire of the Vanities or Hudson Hawk, too "clean" for most of his action roles.

Advertisement