Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Suckit wrote: »
    FB has a habit of creating video shows of your pictures using AI, sometimes they end up like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

It shows a modern ground attack airplane (A-10 Warthog) going in to attack forces engaged in combat during the American War of independence.

Yes, he mentioned airports in the 4th of July speech.

https://www.bbc.com/news/48885319
    US President Donald Trump has blamed a teleprompter going "kaput" for a glaring anachronism in his Independence Day speech.
    He told crowds on 4 July the Continental Army "took over the airports" during the American Revolutionary War in the 1770s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Worztron wrote: »
    484705.jpg

I've never heard a cow make that sort of noise before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

quote="inforfun;110634611"]CSrjXkH.gif

https://i.imgur.com/CSrjXkH.mp4[/quote]

They took the roads in ted

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

New Home wrote: »

One sunny day in 2009, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Ave, where he’d been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the US Marine standing guard and said, “I would like to go in and meet with President Bush.”
    The Marine looked at the man and said, “Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer president and no longer resides here.”
    The old man said, “Okay” and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, “I would like to go in and meet with President Bush.”
    The Marine again told the man, “Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Bush is no longer president and no longer resides here.”
    The man thanked him and, again just walked away

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same US Marine, saying “I would like to go in and meet with President Bush.”
    The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, “Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Bush. I’ve told you already that Mr. Bush is no longer the president and no longer resides here. Don’t you understand?”
    The old man looked at the Marine and said, “Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it.”
    The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, “See you tomorrow, Sir.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Eh, ye whaaaa:confused:

Screenshot-2019-07-09-19-14-25-291-com-twitter-android.png

Parody account unfortunately - not that I’d put much of the comments past Paisley either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Tabnabs wrote: »
    wzilyz9qob931.jpg

Woody right shoulder

Woody left shoulder

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Selfie (reverse) V non selfie camera

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

joujoujou wrote: »
    484908.jpg

He's undercover.

(no, it doesn't really make sense)

He's undercover.

(no, it doesn't really make sense)
    Looks to me like someone measured a dog using imperial measurements and the factory used metric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Woody right shoulder

Woody left shoulder

:confused:
    Selfie (reverse) V non selfie camera

I think it might be that woody and buzz are kids characters and the dad didn't include the kid in the pic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

That's what I figured too.

Nosnon wrote: »
    I think it might be that woody and buzz are kids characters and the dad didn't include the kid in the pic.

Yeah i get that, it's just it looks like 2 different pics to me (phone left and right hand)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Yeah i get that, it's just it looks like 2 different pics to me (phone left and right hand)

The selife pic is a mirror image, as can be seen from the letters on his t shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

GBX wrote: »

Visually, this really hurts my eyes and brain. Even if you try to decipher the lettering, I'm forced to look away it hurts that much!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

GBX wrote: »
    10456807_10154374506795271_6789598242704133263_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQnE2rJ20LfNTDRgfAR3vXRmucZ01MUrt76jpHugnEqhhWcEnZ3Vh0tSdNFeXuAwL9s&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=2fdc64943e9e659fa414058b90bae9b7&oe=5DA900DE

"I will, yeah" is not the punchline to that joke.

The punchline is "Yeah, right!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

"I will, yeah" is not the punchline to that joke.

The punchline is "Yeah, right!"

It is 'I will, yeah'. It is in the pic you quoted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭josip

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Yeah, right.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

"I will, yeah" only works if the Irishman is asked will they do something, which the guy at the back of the lecture theatre wasn't.

"Yeah, right" works in any situation.

Therefore, the person who turned the joke into a picture fcuked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110678083&postcount=888

Why?

Michael Jackson tried and didnt work out well for him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

6887_f0af.gif

Caption should be something like this:

"Cat saves favoured owner from spiked drink. Wife disgusted her plan was foiled by her feline nemesis".

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I just like how the devious little bastard waited first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭blackbox

I can't figure why someone engraved a screwdriver on that bracelet for "R".

blackbox wrote: »
    I can't figure why someone engraved a screwdriver on that bracelet for "R".

It's an oar

R in some irish accents come out as oar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

silverharp wrote: »
    I worked in a hotel in London in my early 20's doing reservations. All our reservation numbers began with R and had 6 digits. When on the phone I'd be saying "R"..... and 9 times out of 10 people couldn't understand me. My Irish manager was in stitches one day listening to me. She told me it was because of the way I was saying it and she had the same problem at first. Apparently I had to say it more like "arrre", basically like a pirate! This was so unnatural to me but when I said it that way, people understood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

9851_40b5_500.jpeg

KFS

Kentucky Fried Squirrel ;)

Advertisement