Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

3704_115a_500.jpeg
    Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's like the time that Dani forgot about the Iron Fleet :pac:

^^^ This :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Peter Ustinov used to start that story with "In the days before radar ... "

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

6627_faec_960.jpeg

Some context

1538_d111_700.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Holy moly. I saw the top pic last week. Never noticed the rabbit in the other claw. What an amazing shot!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's why I said that that poor bunny wasn't having a good day. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

looks like a young fox too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Had something similar with an old Jack Russell, her and the fox grabbed a bunny almost at the same time and at one stage they were side by side with the bunny bent around the base of a big old blackberry bush. Surprisingly she eventually let go and let the fox take the rabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.audubon.org/magazine/summer-2019/the-2019-audubon-photography-awards-winners
    Species: Bald Eagle
    Location: San Juan Island National Historical Park, Friday Harbor, Washington
    Camera: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II with Canon EF 600mm f/4 IS lens; 1/320 second at f/11; ISO 1600

Story Behind the Shot: I had spent the day photographing foxes and was panning with this kit running with its prey when an unmistakable cry made me look up. I just knew the eagle racing our way was after the fox’s rabbit. I expected to have only a split second to capture the theft in one explosive frame; instead the eagle snagged the fox and rabbit, carrying both 20 feet off the ground. After eight seconds it dropped the fox, seemingly unharmed, and flew away with its stolen dinner.

:)
    Fox got away okay.
    Not so good for the bunny..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Great supermarket signse4cabb8.jpg

Stolen from Daire O’Briain (who probably stole it from someone else)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The irony of this post and username.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Suckit wrote: »
    Microburst dumping thousands of gallons of rain on a city at once
    UHiRBEc.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/UHiRBEc.mp4

A part of me would love to be caught in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

blackwhite wrote: »
    Stolen from Daire O’Briain (who probably stole it from someone else)

Google "you want to eat 2000 of something".

EVERY SINGLE RESULT on the first page (out of nearly 4,000) attributes that joke to Mitch Hedburg.

I didn't look any further.

Want to re-evaluate your accusation of him having stolen it from DO'B?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Google "you want to eat 2000 of something".

EVERY SINGLE RESULT on the first page (out of nearly 4,000) attributes that joke to Mitch Hedburg.

I didn't look any further.

Want to re-evaluate your accusation of him having stolen it from DO'B?

He said DO'B probably stole it from someone else :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Daire O'Briain has contacted* us demanding immediate retraction of all accusations of theft and an immediate heartfelt apology on threat of litigation!!

*this may not be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Who's this Daire O'Briain lad anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Wilberto wrote: »
    Who's this Daire O'Briain lad anyway?
    I think they're talking about Darragh O'Brien, a FF TD for the Dublin Fingal constituency since 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm pretty sure one of the guys fishing at 1:46 is dead :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

joujoujou wrote: »
    489290.png
    This machine seems to work both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I think they're talking about Darragh O'Brien, a FF TD for the Dublin Fingal constituency since 2016.

Are you sure they're not talking about the sports broadcaster? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daire_O'Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Bootup wrote: »
    XvfgRaF.jpg
    f2fd568fa2d7b94b11468b9106be17335aa0dd6a52e85ba505a08a4b4308b16a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And on top of that, WHITE socks with BLACK sandals?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

And on top of that, RED wine with WHITE socks with BLACK sandals?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

And on top of that, RED wine with WHITE socks with BLACK sandals?!?

And it's a selfie - you can see the culprit's reflection in the glass. Burn the witch.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

And it's a selfie - you can see the culprit's reflection in the glass. Burn the witch.
    Do witches have reflections?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Victor wrote: »
    Do witches have reflections?

Yes. Vampires don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

New Home wrote: »
    And on top of that, WHITE socks with BLACK sandals?!?

:D

Yes. Vampires don't.
    It's silver that doesn't reflect vampires it being a noble metal and all that.

But we've been using aluminium for ages.

Also

g7USOxb.jpg

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111111501&postcount=8154

That's not a pet. That's the owner of the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

0869_b41a.gif

That's one for the NOPE thread, not cool gifs... :eek:

• Advertisement

Don't go to the Nope thread, Star Lord, trust me.

Capt'n, I've half a mind of banning you for that nailclipper-tooth-icecream pic, damn you! I've an electric shock going up my face because of that picture!

Advertisement