Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,522 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

inforfun wrote: »
    your-cropping-meme.jpg

Badly cropped pictures. Annoys the hell out of me.

Grammar people, GRAMMAR!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Tabnabs wrote: »
    czcnuxxevwt31.jpg
    Jaysus! Imagine what kind of ugly monster they would create?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

ah now, two of the best looking sisters that i know have parents that aren't a million miles away, looks wise, from those two, you don't know what way the genes will combine to produce something new

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

As my mother said, two wrongs don't make a right.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭josip

Not sure what Mrs De Burgh looks like though

bbycswb.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

josip wrote: »
    Not sure what Mrs De Burgh looks like though

bycswb.png

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/diane-davison-chris-de-burgh.html

invoice is in the post

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

5847_d6cc.jpeg

Nature abhors a vacuum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wilberto wrote: »
    I vote for an extension to 15k posts to make sure we don't crash out of it without a name for the new one.

Ordah Ordah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Victor wrote: »
    You would worry about who she'd score at the Halloween party.

I want that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

ah now, two of the best looking sisters that i know have parents that aren't a million miles away, looks wise, from those two, you don't know what way the genes will combine to produce something new
    Look at Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's daughters. They all look like a mix of the two but unfortunately they got Bruce's chin and forehead which doesn't work well on a female face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Mr E wrote: »
    23VQxpa.jpg?1
    I don't think whoever lives there is going to be walking out of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

aKddwvb_460swp.webp

So it wouldn't damage the ground when you dropped it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I can never see any of 1800 Ladlad’s posts......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

Me neither. Wants me to open them in one drive

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

To whoever deleted the post about the chinese takeaway. It may be in bad taste for some aye, but it doesn't necessarily warrant being removed just because it offends your personal taste. There was nothing libellous or illegal in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

irishejit wrote: »
    To whoever deleted the post about the chinese takeaway. It may be in bad taste for some aye, but it doesn't necessarily warrant being removed just because it offends your personal taste. There was nothing libellous or illegal in it.

Even the link to it should have been removed. I've a pretty morbid sense of humour, but that's just not on. Certain lines should not be crossed.

Even the link to it should have been removed. I've a pretty morbid sense of humour, but that's just not on. Certain lines should not be crossed.

Who decides what these 'lines' are? It's all subjective.

It's no different from laughing at rape jokes, or dead baby jokes for example.

Take post 9261 for example, is it not offensive to those people who are pro-life? Making fun of abortion.

Humour is always going to be offensive to someone or other, and as long as it doesn't break any laws censorship should be extremely light touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Me neither.

The mods, and they deemed that post in bad taste. They left the link in the post, and personally, I think even that should have been removed.

• Advertisement

Take post 9261 for example, is it not offensive to those people who are pro-life? Making fun of abortion.

That post isn't making fun of abortion though. It's making fun of the DUP, who have constantly refused to allow women the freedom of choice, and the double whammy of it also being in Irish, when, once again, the DUP have been staunchly against any form of Irish Language act, as outlined in the GFA. Then again, they never signed up to the GFA, soooo.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It's no different from laughing at rape jokes, or dead baby jokes for example.

The difference is that a dead baby joke or generic rape joke are jokes about abstract issues. The "joke" here was about a specific incident where, lets not forget, 39 people have died.

The mods, and they deemed that post in bad taste. They left the link in the post, and personally, I think even that should have been removed.

I know what the actual process is...my point is that it's a personal opinion on taste. And peoples opinions on taste vary widely.

It's the same as the too soon argument...you see loads of jokes around about 9/11 for example, but now because time has passed they are deemed to be acceptable, even though if they'd have been told at the time there'd have been this same 'Oh thats in bad taste' outcry.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And if you click this?
    https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aKddwvb_460swp.webp

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yeah, that 'll be me.

That container was found 2 days ago.
    Shall we just wait a couple of weeks with the jokes?

Now, if we would delete every post that is reported we dont have to worry about the thread ever making 10.000 posts.

But in this case, it is all a bit too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

It wasn't in bad taste. It actually wasn't funny and it was a sh1tty thing to put up on Boards, the internet or anywhere on the planet. A nasty, sh1tty thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

inforfun wrote: »

It asks if I want to download a file (a .webp file).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

It asks if I want to download a file (a .webp file).

Yup same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

wally79 wrote: »
    Yup same

What browsing app do you use?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

webp isn't supported on IE11, Safari (all platforms), or Chrome on iOS.

https://caniuse.com/#feat=webp

Advertisement