Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

New Home wrote: »
    What do you mean "in two"?

He rarely seems to post just once, there are nearly always two posts.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

He rarely seems to post just once, there are nearly always two posts.....

To be sure, to be sure?

Why does 1800 ladladlad always post in twos? Still can’t see or link to his posts......:rolleyes:
    Some browsers will refuse to display images from certain sources.
    Adding the link is good as those who can't see the image in the browser can click on the link instead.

Different browsers will block different image sources, so there is no consistency.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

Some browsers will refuse to display images from certain sources.
    Adding the link is good as those who can't see the image in the browser can click on the link instead.

Different browsers will block different image sources, so there is no consistency.:confused:

AFAIK link or no link you won’t be able to view ladlads posts on iOS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

wally79 wrote: »
    AFAIK link or no link you won’t be able to view ladlads posts on iOS

True.

So can we please just have whatever source he uses banned, or else can a mod ask him to re-format them (if that’s even possible)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

None of which answers Gloomtastic’s question.

I assume he just browsed whatever other site he uses and copies everything he finds amusing. It’s not always twos. Sometimes there’s 3-4 or maybe even more in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Can't link it but what's with the cartoon and the bar man asking for ID in YLYL

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Synode wrote: »

Famous optical illusion. Is the woman old (no ID required) or young (ID required).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Synode wrote: »
    https://www.illusionsindex.org/i/young-woman-or-old-woman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Suckit wrote: »

I can see both images but neither of them look like an old woman. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I can see both images but neither of them look like an old woman. :confused:

Her chin is the old womans nose and her ear is the old womans eye.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And the young woman's black choker is the old woman's mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Ahhh now I can both images together .... now my head hurts!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Champagne for my real friends

Real pain for my sham friends.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ahhh now I can both images together .... now my head hurts!

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!"

He said, "Nobody loves me."

I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?" He said, "Yes."

I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."

I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."

I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

- Emo Philips

9pg8rHn.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

184ii2V.jpg

Just go to the kitchen and open a tin of fruit and watch the cat forget about the TV remote.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bootup wrote: »
    aD7Y1yb.jpg
    Avoiding getting the virus isn't the same as a cure.

some people have too much time on their hands ?

Star Wars. In text. https://www.asciimation.co.nz/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What's this about?
    https://asset.soup.io/asset/14823/0359_2b7e.png
    I'm useless with stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Pythagoras' theorem.

The square of the hypoteneuse is the sum of the square of the opposite two sides.

"i" squared is -1, and add to 1 is 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

What's this about?
    https://asset.soup.io/asset/14823/0359_2b7e.png
    I'm useless with stuff like that.

It's a maths joke, to do with imaginary numbers.

Basically i squared = -1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

cdeb wrote: »
    Pythagoras' theorem.

The square of the hypoteneuse is the sum of the square of the opposite two sides.

"i" squared is -1, and add to 1 is 0.
    Mr Crispy wrote: »

Basically i squared = -1
    I'm still clueless but thanks anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 39,279 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Basically i squared = -1

Calling it a joke is a stretch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mellor wrote: »
    Calling it a joke is a stretch

Ah now. A maths joke I get is rare so let's applaud this one. The programming ones on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ah now. A maths joke I get is rare so let's applaud this one. The programming ones on the other hand....
    There are 10 kinds of programming jokes, those that are funny, and those that aren't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,279 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There are 10 kinds of programming jokes, those that are funny, and those that aren't :pac:

I dislike the fact that I got that. Please stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

93596733_10222121018525051_120484106214572032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=-Z8uvFJWmx8AX8i7nsb&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e34ff846dde03bbf65fb26e7075c16d3&oe=5EC71240

I don't know if I should be worried but my first thought when I saw that is that I know two neighbors kids who would think thats brilliant they are 5 and 7 :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Oh, I can only count 1 kind!

• Advertisement

And those with a ternary punchline.

Advertisement