Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

The sky may fall on you head tomorrow, but..

GinSoaked wrote: »
    The sky may fall on you head tomorrow, but..
    ..you'll be well protected by that COVID-19 hair.*

*long & thick!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Insert "Annie"'s most famous tune*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭josip

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113338916&postcount=40

I hope the balcony is well built.
    If it's only 5 sqm and there's 20cm of water, that's a ton of weight.

josip wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113338916&postcount=40

I hope the balcony is well built.
    If it's only 5 sqm and there's 20cm of water, that's a ton of weight.
    It's almost certainly beyond the designers loading with that amount of weight on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,279 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's almost certainly beyond the designers loading with that amount of weight on it.

A balcony is designed to 5kN.
    The above estimate of 1 ton sounds about right. That's only 2kN.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭josip

Mellor wrote: »

Fill 'er up kiddo !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

josip wrote: »
    Fill 'er up kiddo !
    One weird trick to turn your pool into a water slide. Amusement parks hate him!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Designed maybe, but Russian quality control standards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

What about the load on the glass and the uprights?

• Advertisement

What about the load on the glass and the uprights?
    The glass doesn’t look the safest. But even if a pane popped out the tarp would keep it there.

Of course the above was based on it being shallow enough. If they filled it right up, it’d be close to 10kN.

Victor wrote: »
    Designed maybe, but Russian quality control standards?
    Was only comment on the design loan post.

Tbh in Russia, I’d be more concerned that it wasn’t designed at all than about quality control during construction.

Was only comment on the design loan post.

Tbh in Russia, I’d be more concerned that it wasn’t designed at all than about quality control during construction.
    That was what I was surmising in my first reply, "designed" being used as a loose term, having said that engineers tend to over spec anyway and when instructed to reduce cost, then they do the calculations.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bootup wrote: »
    nkVwwzy.png

Proximity and contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Bootup wrote: »
    nkVwwzy.png

Ah yes, because when I go to the shops they spend time standing in extremely close proximity, touching my head/etc.

I saw this and assumed it was Bootup before I saw the username.

Treppen wrote: »
    512211.jpg

How much for H1N1?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That goes cheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

a case of wine for less than 35! someone's failing (home) economics

KAGY wrote: »
    a case of wine for less than 35! someone's failing (home) economics
    No, that's vinegar! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

3IbM6E6agH8cMSgWeNexqjQ3RoFMMfza65XF_J79MNS2yGX7orhlk2eLHxzWf_sMgOEbW9VwFFcd6CocmNTWneSVWQ4HHT4FHHPDgibOk-IwJfk9lKyFMKZCpVuqiBIsA4iKhdve_1FzFbKrtUl7k3Qrj_AYyB2Wlow

antodeco wrote: »
    Funny how?

512283.JPG

Mod: Antodeco, Cork Exile, I moved your posts here. Cork Exile, back seat modding is grounds for a paddling, too. Next time, a paddling for both of you. And yes, I got up on the wrong side of the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Mod: Also NSFW, (on-site office only) home office OK - provided you're not linked to the office network. Also, more WTF than YLYL, so this gets moved.

^^^^^
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUz_HoIU8AApa-v.jpg

Just to be clear, when you say 'home office ok', you mean it's ok to wear this at home and not in an office? Asking for a friend. :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

New Home wrote: »
    Mod: Antodeco, Cork Exile, I moved your posts here. Cork Exile, back seat modding is grounds for a paddling, too. Next time, a paddling for both of you. And yes, I got up on the wrong side of the bed.

I didn't think that posting that image counted as backseat.
    Live and learn

astrofluff wrote: »
    Just to be clear, when you say 'home office ok', you mean it's ok to wear this at home and not in an office? Asking for a friend. :pac:

Probably not during video conference calls... but then again, I don't know what kind of work you do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

512224.jpg

Probably best to put any new Covid vaccine in the water.

joujoujou wrote: »
    3AhbMHb.jpg
    Cue all sorts of disappointment and arguments in 23 different apartments in that building.

Ok, what I missing? I've looked for rule n.1, but I can't see anything, nor can I make out what's written in smaller letters more to the right of the picture.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Ok, what I missing? I've looked for rule n.1, but I can't see anything, nor can I make out what's written in smaller letters more to the right of the picture.
    Whut?

Advertisement