Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

New Home wrote: »
    Ok, what I missing? I've looked for rule n.1, but I can't see anything, nor can I make out what's written in smaller letters more to the right of the picture.

Yeah I don’t see the funny either

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Victor wrote: »
    Whut?

My point exactly. What am I missing from that picture that's supposed to be funny? (Rule n. 1 is that if you can't see anything funny there's probably a picture of a penis somewhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

My point exactly. What am I missing from that picture that's supposed to be funny? (Rule n. 1 is that if you can't see anything funny there's probably a picture of a penis somewhere).

*returns to look for penis*

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*returns to look for penis*

:pac:

Must be very small. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Must be very small. :D

Leave him alone. It’s cold out

• Advertisement

Leave him alone. It’s cold out

I meant in the "Marry me" picture, but well played, Knucklehead. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

5744_dd60_800.jpeg

We have a name for that in our house. Anyone opening the fridge door and just looking on the off chance there is something there that they might like is said to be fridge worshiping.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

wally79 wrote: »
    Yeah I don’t see the funny either
    I don't think it is meant to be hilarious, merely "look at the exaggerated marriage proposal someone is making".

My point is that it is so exaggerated, that quite a few people may think the proposal is for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I don't think it is meant to be hilarious, merely "look at the exaggerated marriage proposal someone is making".

My point is that it is so exaggerated, that quite a few people may think the proposal is for them.

Like in the Simpsons when Apu hired a skywriter to do a romantic message for Manjula and all the women of Springfield thought it was for them, the husbands were only to happy not to put them wide.

This is the funniest thing e-ver!!! I can just picture her mother doing exactly the same thing. :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113396981&postcount=3820

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Can anyone help me here, trying to recall the name of a Youtube vid that was released (iirc) 2007/8. It was a video of one of those crazy American church congregations where they're all dancing and convulsing as if the Lord is running through their bodies, people throwing themselves on the floor, etc. The uploader went and put a wicked electronic dance soundtrack to the church footage and it became comedy gold. Anyone remember the name of it or if its still up on the tube?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Can anyone help me here, trying to recall the name of a Youtube vid that was released (iirc) 2007/8. It was a video of one of those crazy American church congregations where they're all dancing and convulsing as if the Lord is running through their bodies, people throwing themselves on the floor, etc. The uploader went and put a wicked electronic dance soundtrack to the church footage and it became comedy gold. Anyone remember the name of it or if its still up on the tube?

Any of these ones?

https://www.youtube.com/user/airloaf/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

^^^They'd be the ones I'm aware off...always had drum and bass playing over them

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

512571.jpeg

At the moment of the photo, I'm not sure the cat was doing much thinking. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

At the moment of the photo, I'm not sure the cat was doing much thinking. :)
    You don't mean it's dead do you? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats definitely the genre but its not in there unfortunately. The one I seek wasnt a complilation but all flimed in the one church which was pretty small and a small stage. At one point a lad laid down on the floor and starting running around in a circle like Homer once did. iirc it was take down but then put back up under a different uploader, think there might have been legal threats so maybe it got taken back down again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

4700_eab3_800.jpeg

F11 on mine...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

4700_eab3_800.jpeg

F2 on my Desktop PC. I've never heard of the Enter key being used.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

You don't mean it's dead do you? :eek:

That's henry and baloo. Baloo just loves lying on Henry like that. They're cute and alive.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »

Paying someone to kill the young of an animal is funny? :mad:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

tenor.gif

@Worztron,

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113416601&postcount=4110

I think the message is loud and clear, and has the popular vote.

NO MORE VEGEN POSTS!

Edit:not an official warning, just an informal note that the general users are revolting against another round of vegan-non vegan posting wars.

On that note, no more anti-vegan posts either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are vegetarians fair game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Pescatarian?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pescatarian?
    Gesundheit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Gesundheit.

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen that word in writing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen that word in writing. :)

I think it needs two exclamation points:

Gesundheit

Versus

Gesundheit!!

Advertisement