Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

joujoujou wrote: »
    lhLz0Su.jpg

Sadly, for reasons unknown, the owner changed the name of this place to a rather more dull "M and J Chinese"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is you hit the centre it's called bulb's eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Is it a Petunia?

Nah looks more like dogwood to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The bark is the giveaway.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Certainly gives you paws for thought.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's a cauliflower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

515620.jpeg

Seeing a full stop is annoying, but please can someone explain the method for embedding?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. Copy the URL of the image you want or the URL of the attachment you've just posted.
    2. You click on the icon ^^^ with the yellow sky and the mountain up there, you paste the link in the field (make sue that http:// isn't repeated)
    or
    3. You type then you paste the URL then you type (make sure there are no spaces, not even in the tags)
    4. Click on save..0

New Home wrote: »
    1. Copy the URL of the image you want or the URL of the attachment you've just posted.
    2. You click on the icon ^^^ with the yellow sky and the mountain up there, you paste the link in the field (make sue that http:// isn't repeated)
    or
    3. You type then you paste the URL then you type (make sure there are no spaces, not even in the tags)
    4. Click on save..0
    Just to add to this:
    Some images will not show up in certain browsers, due to the browser's security settings, this is particularly true of facebook links, so it's always a good idea to add a link so people can click on a link if the image isn't showing.

Images uploaded to boards always work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

can you post the picture attached to a tweet without the actual tweet?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

silverharp wrote: »
    can you post the picture attached to a tweet without the actual tweet?

I suppose you could just open the pic in a new tab, and post that?

Yes, right-click on the picture itself and select "copy image link" (or whatever the equivalent is on your browser), then paste that as a normal image. HOWEVER, that'd be a twimg link, which some browsers don't support and your post would appear blank, so please if you're using one of those add the actual url of the image underneath as per this, this, and many others.

1826_1fb2_500.jpeg

I guess all the others must be broken at this stage... And that one won't last long, either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

s1ippy wrote: »
    I love cats but the idea of cats with thumbs is nightmarish. We would all die
    google polydactyl kittens

you can thank me later

joujoujou wrote: »
    GUd7wEm.jpg

"Now is the winter of our discontent."

"Now is the winter of our discontent."

0tQYCL5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

tumblr_onsxtxqA4w1unfdido1_400.gif

Let me guess...
    Disco in Tent
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

They obviously never even watched the film https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097441/

GinSoaked wrote: »
    They obviously never even watched the film https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097441/
    I wonder if it was a fifth column type of attack like this.

I love that by-pass bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113675883&postcount=4766

Was gonna buy one of these on Amazon this week.
    Sold out today :(

(...the sticker, not the vehicle!):D

Might get this instead.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010MOS81G/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_A883Eb6QWDGVR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭GBX

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/113683752

@New Home .. hopefully this helps! Good job.

I sometimes go a slightly lazy way about embeddeding on mobile /touch site. I reply to the previous poster, delete the quote marks and their info and just paste over their IMG URL. Less typing :D

GBX wrote: »
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/113683752

@New Home .. hopefully this helps! Good job.

I sometimes go a slightly lazy way about embeddeding on mobile /touch site. I reply to the previous poster, delete the quote marks and their info and just paste over their IMG URL. Less typing :D

I'll keep that in mind! :D

I think it was Bill Gates that said that if he wanted to get something done the simplest way possible he'd get a lazy person to do it 'cause s/he'd always find the quickest, least labour-intensive, least complicated way of doing something. :)

I'll keep that in mind! :D

I think it was Bill Gates that said that if he wanted to get something done the simplest way possible he'd get a lazy person to do it 'cause s/he'd always find the quickest, least labour-intensive, least complicated way of doing something. :)

“I divide my officers into four groups. There are clever, diligent, stupid, and lazy officers. Usually two characteristics are combined. Some are clever and diligent — their place is the General Staff. The next lot are stupid and lazy — they make up 90% of every army and are suited to routine duties. Anyone who is both clever and lazy is qualified for the highest leadership duties, because he possesses the intellectual clarity and the composure necessary for difficult decisions. One must beware of anyone who is both stupid and hardworking; he must not be entrusted with any responsibility because he will always only cause damage.”

- Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord Chief of the Army Command of the Weimar Republic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tis good to see M17 is back home after his world travels. :)

“I divide my officers into four groups. There are clever, diligent, stupid, and lazy officers. Usually two characteristics are combined. Some are clever and diligent — their place is the General Staff. The next lot are stupid and lazy — they make up 90% of every army and are suited to routine duties. Anyone who is both clever and lazy is qualified for the highest leadership duties, because he possesses the intellectual clarity and the composure necessary for difficult decisions. One must beware of anyone who is both stupid and hardworking; he must not be entrusted with any responsibility because he will always only cause damage.”

- Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord Chief of the Army Command of the Weimar Republic

Should've known he'd stolen it from someone else. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

The 4 lads saving New York city?

Advertisement