Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Those puppy eyes won't save you, Capt'n, I'm on to you. :cool:
    Also, takes one to know one, so....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Anyone got anymore info on this old photo? Its all over the web but can't find anything much about it. Looks fake to me. Not that I'm bothered that fakery is actually supporting Literally every other science :D

Its the guys fingertips that seem all wrong with that much weight with the weight behind him I don't see how that hold would support anything.

There again that could be the joke and I've missed it altogether :o

Edit> or is it three guys, two wagon wheels and a length of drain pipe?
    It's canon.

joujoujou wrote: »
    JO4n2qN.jpg
    How long did it take ye to come up with the actual answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ficheall wrote: »
    How long did it take ye to come up with the actual answer?

I gave up. I keep saying bottle in my head but it doesn't end with a B.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

astrofluff wrote: »

Bib

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bib.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

astrofluff wrote: »

Bib?

Edit: NH popped me to the post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Bib

Ah stop. So obvious now.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Bib?

Edit: NH popped me to the post :D

And Silent Running was ahead of both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

New Home wrote: »
    And Silent Running was ahead of both of us.

I get slower as the day gets older. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Ficheall wrote: »
    It's canon.

So where is the shadow of the back end of a "cannon" to go along with the cart wheels and the length of pipe? The wheels are also to close together for any artillery piece I can think of from that period of that calibre (approx 75mm).

So where is the shadow of the back end of a "cannon" to go along with the cart wheels and the length of pipe? The wheels are also to close together for any artillery piece I can think of from that period of that calibre (approx 75mm).
    It looks like 19th century photoshop, of should that be scissors and photographing the rearranged pieces of paper.

I was going for a pun. Though perhaps "It is not canon" would have worked better..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Looking at the angle of the shadow I can confirm that those wheels are more than 75 mm apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is the guy in the middle on top trying to show off to the ladies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

piratekeyboard.jpg

Its missing the download button.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Its missing the download button.

At least it got the shift............

But it's out of control!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What's going on in the sideshow bob (Simpsons) with the shotgun one?

Something to do with rake? I'm not getting it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

It's one of those cross-over scene Simpsons thingies.

He shoots the rake because it's his mortal enemy (from the scene where he keeps standing on the rakes)

But in the actual scene shown, he's shooting someone else (can't remember who)

I think, anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

cdeb wrote: »
    It's one of those cross-over scene Simpsons thingies.

He shoots the rake because it's his mortal enemy (from the scene where he keeps standing on the rakes)

But in the actual scene shown, he's shooting someone else (can't remember who)

I think, anyway!

Eh, ok. Not that funny really so. Thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Yeah, you either get them or you don't alright. There's no real middleground.

No, Spelling

2301_3a36.png
    Who are the two on either side of William Tell? I guess it could be the son, but who's your w'an?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Probably the goddess of discord Eris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Meleftone wrote: »
    Probably the goddess of discord Eris

Or, indeed, Atalanta or Aphrodite. Golden apples everywhere :)

Sticking with the mythology, the chap to her left (with the crossbow) is probably Alexander (from Judgement Of Paris)... which would suggest Eris alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

Or, indeed, Atalanta or Aphrodite. Golden apples everywhere :)

Sticking with the mythology, the chap to her left (with the crossbow) is probably Alexander (from Judgement Of Paris)... which would suggest Eris alright :)

Surely that’s William tell

Isn't William Tell at the head of the table, with his son to his right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

New Home wrote: »
    Isn't William Tell at the head of the table, with his son to his right?

I thought it was Robin Hood

• Advertisement

Was he famous for an apple? I can't remember.

Advertisement