Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 'how much do ye think this is worth' thread

Options
  • 02-02-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, just looking for a bit of feedback on this bike.
    Unfortunately I discovered the n+1 principal is in fact finite at some point (if ye want to stay married...and even if the wife is a cyclist :eek: :o ) and so with great regret, my beloved SST has to go, as I'm getting a new machine in March.

Was thinking maybe 1000eur would be ideal if I could get it - so calling on the boundless knowledge and experience in here to see if you might think that's under/over-valued?

Bought new in Jan 2013

I used it for 2013 / 2014 and 2015 - replaced it in Feb 2016 then, and its been a spare/backup since then with almost zero usage. Sportif usage only, never raced.

Aero chainrings, Hbars/tape, and wheels were all upgraded from the originals (they're the original wheels in the photos as the 50mm Carbones I replaced them with are still perfect and I want them)
    Chain, cassette, BB, Headset were replaced several times (e.g. that chain has only 1300km on it)

Cons:
    - 2012 D12 (so it's only 10-speed)
    - 25,000km in total on it

Any feedback would be appreciated....

46235787464_f9417c9145_z.jpg

39995824573_a66e92e400_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Seems reasonable. Might take a while to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beautiful bike but you'll be hard pushed to get €1,000.

Regardless of condition etc. most people would be very reluctant to shell that out on a 7 year old bike. They'll be thinking about getting €500 off a €1,000 bike on the bike to work scheme.

You'll probably shift it quicker around the €750 mark but whatever you do keep it under the psychological €1,000 mark.

It really depends on how much someone wants electronic shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Thanks guys, that's great feedback, appreciate that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

What size is it? Very large or small is going to be a much smaller market than medium. Maybe try selling at the higher price and drop down if there's no interest. Ten speed may put some off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What size is it?

I'm guessing 54cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm guessing 54cm.

Bang on.. a Keen eye!!!

Medium, 54cm ðŸ‘

Advertisement