Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worker not insured to drive

Options
  • 02-02-2019 8:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭

solved

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

Are you sure that the car is not insured in France, which would cover any accidents in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Report him to the Guards and Revenue

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

skallywag wrote: »
    Are you sure that the car is not insured in France, which would cover any accidents in Ireland?

if he lives here doesnt he have 6 months to put on to irish plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

godtabh wrote: »
    if he lives here doesnt he have 6 months to put on to irish plates?

Possibly, but I am not sure whether or not that would then invalidate his insurance (assuming that he does actually have the car insured in France).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

Solved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Anthonylfc wrote:
    hes admitted to me that if he crashed here he wouldnt be covered

Anthonylfc wrote:
    yet he brags about having x amount in savings

Anthonylfc wrote:
    i'll put a stop to his gallop

Anthonylfc wrote:
    but too tight to sort this out

Report him immediately to Gardai & Revenue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

TCM wrote: »
    Report him immediately to Gardai & Revenue.

How do i do that without been found out ?

I mean a garda car comming to the job and interrogating him , he’ll know somebody contacted relevant people

But if there was a check point right outside the gates of our industrial estate he couldnt get out of it then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    How do i do that without been found out ?

I mean a garda car comming to the job and interrogating him , he’ll know somebody contacted relevant people

But if there was a check point right outside the gates of our industrial estate he couldnt get out of it then

You can't get the Garda to set up checkpoints so you may just report them or leave it so. I'd do the former and be damned with them.

Advertisement