Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earlsfort and surrounding areas in Lucan

Options
  • 02-02-2019 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can you please help if someone living in an and around Earlsfort or rosse court in Lucan that how is the area to live in . Are there any issues .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I have friends in Foxborough and Earlsfort. Both would prefer to be elsewhere but its down to budget. I lived in Liffey Valley Park for seven years. I had no serious issues but did not really like the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Generally speaking, anything on the Pennyhill side of the Ballyowen Road is mostly rented accommodation. The other side of the Ballyowen Road be owner occupied.

The Earlsfort, Foxborough etc estates would be considered the buffer zone between the likes of the Moyglass, Castle Riada, Griffeen etc estates and Neilstown and Ronanstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I agree that buffer zone is the best description. The areas themselves are fine, the problem is the neighbours. It depends on your budget really, the other side of the Ballyowen road would be quieter, but the estates you mention aren't exactly "rough".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Calling it a buffer zone is a good description (I'm currently living in Lucan and grew up here).
    Personally I'd not want to live there- its not a bad area itself- but it has some errr questionable neighbourhoods in its immediate vicinity.
    Given a choice- I'd just try to keep out of the general area altogether- if for no other reason- its massively over builtup and a nightmare trying to get into or out of in the morning or evening (or indeed, at the weekend, as I discovered yesterday afternoon).

Its part of 'new Lucan'- that is a mind boggling urban sprawl in West Dublin that encompasses most of the area between Tallaght, Clondalkin, Neilstown, Lucan, Newcastle, and across the other way towards Blanch and Clonee. Its also very close to the new SDZ (the area designated for further development with limited/little oversight and expedited planning permissions).

If you're renting short-term- its fine- if you're buying- or planning on living in the area longer term- I'd suggest a more mature area with a lower housing density.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I think there’s plans for a huge Mosque near there as well and that won’t help traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

anewme wrote: »
    I think there’s plans for a huge Mosque near there as well and that won’t help traffic.

The Mosque is going in close to Balgaddy church beside the Fonthill/Coldcut Road, shouldn’t affect traffic too much out of Foxborough if they take the Ballyowen Road.

It’s true though, they’ll built 8,000 houses for 21,000 but yet they won’t spend one penny in planning or constructing any new roads out of the place. 40 mins to get from Moyglas to Woodies during the mornings is where traffic times are at!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I live in Colthurst, beside earlsfort. Most rented houses have now been sold. Mainly families, professionals and elderly people living there now. My own neighbours are teachers, nurses, business people etc. Lots of nice cul de sac s. Lots of people currently getting extensions, new Windows etc which always looks good.

Some parts of earlsfort are much nicer than others. There are two very good neighbour hood watch schemes and they meet regularly to do clean ups, plant flowers etc. My own biggest issue is the shops beside the penny hill. Attracts some anti social teenagers. I have lived here for 15 years without any issues and my own kids have lots of nice friends.

Advertisement