Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need separate visas for US and Canada?

• 02-02-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just going to be in Toronto and New York for 4 days each in April in that order.

I wanted to know do I need a separate visa for both and how long will it take to process?

Thanks,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't advise you on Canada visa requirements.

Will you be travelling overland (car or rail) from Canada to the US? In that case you do not need an ESTA.

If you're flying to the US from Canada, you will need an ESTA, it costs $14 .....

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You'll need an ETA for Canada. It costs $7 and you can apply for one here. Both ETAs and ESTAs are generally processed in a few days at most, but you should apply for them sooner rather than later, just in case there are any issues.

EDIT: It should be noted that the requirements for both ETAs and ESTAs assume that you don't require a visa for either country, i.e. you're a citizen of a visa exempt country (of which Ireland is one) and that you have had no criminal convictions or haven't had visa issues in the past (e.g. overstaying on a J1).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thanks to all,

I probably should have clarified, I will be flying from Toronto to New York so I will get a visa for the US too.

Advertisement