Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New TV With 50Hz frame rate.

• 02-02-2019 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

I have recently purchased a new 4K LG T.V.. I have since checked the spec of the tv. It has a frame rate of 50Hz. Is this ok for watching movies. I think I should have bought a tv with something like 200Hz. Opinions please. It is a 55" tv. I did not have a T.V. for the last 10 yrs or so. But since Netflix is now available T.V. is now a more viable source of entertainment. Even though it is sourced from the internet.

I have very little knowledge of modern T.V.s. I like sci-fi movies.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Could you give some additional information - the exact model number of the tv, you should find this in the documenys which came with your tv or on a label on the back of the tv. This would help someone answer your question, LG make many different models of TV.

Ritz

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Mach Two

LG Model 55UK6400PLF. On the LG website it says Blutype "Direct". TRU MOTION/Refresh Rate. TM 100 (Refresh Rate 50Hz). The picture seems fine in the shop.

I didn't want to remove the T.V. from the box in case I wanted to return it. So I did not get access to any documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Mach Two

Anyone with any info here please.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Unless someone reading the forum has the exact same model of TV or an LG TV with the same spec, its difficult to be specific about your query.

If you haven't had a tv for some years it is unlikely that you would be able to identify the refresh rate of the TV in normal usage (ie without using a calibration or test signal ). The TV seems to be around the entry level of LGs model line up, I'd expect it to be a decent TV but realistically you can't expect a TV that costs €500/600 to have the same features and performance as one further up the top of the model line up and costing maybe twice as much or more.

If the TV looked fine in the shop the only way you're going to find out its ok for you is to install it and make up your own mind. If you're convinced that you'd like a TV with more/better features then you need to re-evaluate your choice.

My 2c worth is that you should use the TV, connect to netflix, stop worrying about the nitty gritty of the specs and enjoy it.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Mach Two wrote: »
    I think I should have bought a tv with something like 200Hz.

What makes you say this, after buying a TV? Especially when you also tell us....
    Mach Two wrote: »
    I have very little knowledge of modern T.V.s.

Did someone at work or down in the pub brag about his 200 Hz TV, leading you to develop a case of 'buyer's remorse'?

You can't go back to the shop and expect them to change it because you only checked the specs. after the event. In general terms, a lot of the specs. quoted for TVs is nothing more than technical mumbo-jumbo designed to bamboozle you into thinking that model B is better than model A. Most of what you read makes about as much sense as what you read in the advertising for makeup or shampoo and deserves to be taken with a large dose of scepticism.

• Advertisement
Advertisement