Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned

Options
  • 02-02-2019 11:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I was banned from the MMA forum. I posted a picture in a thread not Vulgar, Not arguemenative, I wasn’t engaged in any discussion or debate with anyone.

Can you please point out why I was banned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The best person to talk to is the mod who banned you.

The first step in the dispute process is to discuss your ban with the mod. Have you attempted to contact the mod, and if so, what was the outcome?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

dudara wrote: »
    The best person to talk to is the mod who banned you.

The first step in the dispute process is to discuss your ban with the mod. Have you attempted to contact the mod, and if so, what was the outcome?

Do I just PM him sorry not familiar with the protocol?

Absolutely, fire them a PM. Try to explain your perspective best you can.

Absolutely, fire them a PM. Try to explain your perspective best you can.

Have PMd the mod haven’t received a reply as of yet.

Please give it some time, it is the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'll take a look, can you please pm me or post here the message you got regarding the ban (with the link to the post).

Steve wrote: »
    I'll take a look, can you please pm me or post here the message you got regarding the ban (with the link to the post).

Dear Southdubin6,

You have been banned from Mixed Martial Arts [MMA] for three days for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Axwell

Your post:Quote: Southdubin6
    Thought this a relevant picture.

Not once did a mod direct me or instruct me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Please tell me, did you actually post an image in that post? can you pm me what it was? there is conflicting information on what was posted. It will go in your favor if you can help clear this up.

Please tell me, did you actually post an image in that post? can you pm me what it was? there is conflicting information on what was posted. It will go in your favor if you can help clear this up.

Yes there was a picture posted. What you mean go in my favour. I done **** all wrong. Moderator jumped in and banned me without a warning now I expect it dealt with.

Yes there was a picture posted. What you mean go in my favour. I done **** all wrong. Moderator jumped in and banned me without a warning now I expect it dealt with.

I mean that there appears to be some bug on boards that means I can't see the image you originally posted. Therefore I can't give this DRP a fair investigation.

On those grounds I have no choice but to remove the ban.

• Advertisement

I mean that there appears to be some bug on boards that means I can't see the image you originally posted. Therefore I can't give this DRP a fair investigation.

On those grounds I have no choice but to remove the ban.

Would you like me to post the picture here?

Just to note, it is usually the plaintiff that appeals to admin for another look, in this case it's me. If admin can see what was posted, please feel free to reinstate the mod action.

Would you like me to post the picture here?
    no, pm me.

no, pm me.

I didn’t havent received a reply

I've unbanned you, but this needs admin review.

I've unbanned you, but this needs admin review.

The moderators need to look at how they act.

The moderators need to look at how they act.

Actually, there was no fault in the mod action here, you are getting off on a technical issue. I'd say nothing more if I were you .

Actually, there was no fault in the mod action here, you are getting off on a technical issue. I'd say nothing more if I were you .

So no warnings just a straight ban? Is that how your mods work?

So no warnings just a straight ban? Is that how your mods work?

Sometimes, yes it depends what was posted.

As I said for some reason what you posted is not visible to me so I can't make a call on it.

I gave you a free pass this time.

If you want to continue being a 'dick' (read boards.ie site terms) about it I can just as easily reinstate the ban :)

Sometimes, yes it depends what was posted.

As I said for some reason what you posted is not visible to me so I can't make a call on it.

I gave you a free pass this time.

If you want to continue being a 'dick' (read boards.ie site terms) about it I can just as easily reinstate the ban :)

Don’t act the big dog with me this is an anonymous forum. You can reinstate the ban then I’ll pass the pictures to a few people and allow them post in other sections may be more acceptable there.

• Advertisement

You must do what you feel is right. :)

I'm out.

Request admins look at this.

I’ll look into this.

@Southdubin6 - can you PM me the pic in question? Unfortunately I can no longer see it in your original post. Thanks

I’ll look into this.

@Southdubin6 - can you PM me the pic in question? Unfortunately I can no longer see it in your original post. Thanks

Have PMd ya

Thanks to everyone who has cooperated with my questions.

Unfortunately I have no choice but to uphold the ban on several grounds. Due to the nature of the post in question I will not be sharing any further details.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement