Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Geez whatever you do , don't post a song like that or Bassy will be the only one who would know what it is !

;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Thinking of you Srameen. All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RederthanRed

sorry for your loss Srameen. Everyone grieves in different ways and we all have to suffer it at one stage or another. But for me, the best thing to do is find something/somewhere you had in common with them that was private to you both or reminds you of them and go there and then it remains a nice memory of them permanently and it's yours to go back to again and again.
    All the best anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,907 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ok folks , I'm out for the night , been a very long day , stay safe , night all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm back home, having spent the past two hours saying goodbye to an old friend. We know each other 55 years and he was a great mentor and friend all through my career and after. His family called and asked me to sit with him a while. It's unlikely he will make it through the night and in some ways I'm happy for him, as he's comfortable and no longer confused nor in pain. It'll be a long night.

Thinking of you xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I'm back home, having spent the past two hours saying goodbye to an old friend. We know each other 55 years and he was a great mentor and friend all through my career and after. His family called and asked me to sit with him a while. It's unlikely he will make it through the night and in some ways I'm happy for him, as he's comfortable and no longer confused nor in pain. It'll be a long night.

I’m so sorry for your loss Draven Fast Card. Look after yourself x

Back home after a fairly quiet night at work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Texting a friend for the past 5 or 6 hours...
    She was going thru the same thing as myself with her nan who finally passed about 2 hours ago...sad times all around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Thoughts to you and your friend Srameen.

Sitting here on the balcony. My sleep is all fecked up there days. Wearing a jacket, blue pyjamas, and mismatched fluffy socks. FFS, I need to learn that it's not an invisibly balcony.

Also, there's TERRIBLE RAIN. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all.... had my Nespresso, now trying to summon up the enthusiasm to go down to the gym before lunch and work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thoughts are with you Srameen, hope your friend is at peace.

I am awake and contemplating getting up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Sorry Srameen about your friend, from your description it sounds peaceful and surrounded by loved ones and he knows how well he is loved.
    Out to chores now, had 3 pints last night and a bit of craic in the local, I'm in good form today, no after affects.
    The dog is waiting his walk through the silage and cattle shed, a far cry from smurfs beach, but he loves that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Thoughts are with you Draven Fast Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Very sorry to hear about your friend Srameen

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry to hear about your friend Srameen.

Srameen, sorry to hear about your friend.
    It's sad at the time but later I find it so nice to think of passed friends & family & smile.

2 nights worked & I feel like a train hit me!
    Not moving from this couch today..... Well dog will drag me for a walk, but that's it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,907 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tis a miserable , damp morning . In the kitchen , munchkin had a sleepover , well she slept anyway :D

Let's see what the day ahead brings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Coffee Shop bliss-great coffee, newspaper & solitude

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Blanchardstown (#13)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Tough times Scramen, but a life time of good memories to reflect upon.

I am having an amazingly lazy morning. Might go for a wander in the rain in a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with coffee

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Computerside.

Couch side, just watched the latest episode of The Grand Tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In work, anxious because myself and himself had absolute war this morning. And the most annoying thing is, he’s justified in being mad so I can’t even take the high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Couchside with coffee watching the UAE Tour to be followed by Omloop Het Nieuwsblad

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bedside still unwell,so I'm irritable too. Ho hum.

Srameen you are in my thoughts..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, listening to the wind and rain outside, cosy under the blankets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Looking at the cycling in Dubai, even the construction sites look neat and tidy . I'd imagine it's a wealthy place. :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

Looking at the cycling in Dubai, even the construction sites look enat and tidy. I'd imagine it's a wealthy place. :)

All built on the back of Indentured slavery unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Currently in the process of moving house.

I have recruited my most efficient sister to help with the packing later today. And what's going to happen is, she'll be madly labelling boxes and putting everything in its place, when I'll be rifling through my old notebooks and photos saying 'Aw, come look at this'.

It already started this morning with my primary school copybook. Pure doting on myself I was, as if I were my own child.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement